New member welcome thread..

MegaZero

Hey! I am Calvin and I am a bike rider! I am having a blast here and I hope I have the chance to be able to interact and communicate with you all!

firelily99

Hi to all! I live in Connecticut US and am glad that I found this site. I'm thinking of buying a new bike. Thought this would be a good place to start the process!

Beemer Princess

Hi I'm Jan from near Atlanta. I bought the bike but waiting for them to put the saddlebags and stuff on before I take it home. I also picked up a Cee Bailey's windshield for them to install. I'm putting on Kuryakyn mini floorboards to but haven't received them yet. How's that for making it your own? LOL I have a 1998 BMWR1200C also and have been riding since 1977. I do my own maintenance on the C bike but we'll see if I do any on the 700. Glad I found your site.

bala

Indian bike rider here.I am an avid bike rider.I love it when a bike lunges my body when hitting the throttle at the helm.I have been riding for the past 2 years and been giving nightmares to pedestrians.I am starting to get myself involved with this forum.It is getting me obsessed and i like that.Hoping to get myself a name in here.

antoinebugleboy

Hi everybody,

Fairly new rider here, about a year and a half, 8,000 (?) miles under my belt. Currently scooting around on a Kawasaki Z1000. I used to ride a Yamaha FZ6. Hoping to learn more about the Honda CTX700 and biking in general, chat with some good folks.

Novac18

Hello

Hi all
Glad to see another ctx700 forum. I've had my ctx700nd 2014 for about a year now. I'm from Hawaii, Oahu which means I can only ride in a circle, guess thats life on an island.

Mods so far are crazy iron engine guards, lhs rear brake kit, center stand and, if it can be considered a mod, grab-on grips.

I look forward to talking to all of you,.. I hope to share and learn.

Aloha

ofdave

Hi all
Glad to see another ctx700 forum. I've had my ctx700nd 2014 for about a year now. I'm from Hawaii, Oahu which means I can only ride in a circle, guess thats life on an island.

Mods so far are crazy iron engine guards, lhs rear brake kit, center stand and, if it can be considered a mod, grab-on grips.

Aloha

and welcome to you Novac

we need pics of your bike (red?-it is the fastest color)
and pics of your bike in the Hawaiian scenery
and tell us more about the "lhs brake kit"
riding in circles on an island is OK, at least if you reverse direction you can make right or left turns unlike the NASCAR guys.

Novac18

and welcome to you Novac

we need pics of your bike (red?-it is the fastest color)
and pics of your bike in the Hawaiian scenery
and tell us more about the "lhs brake kit"
riding in circles on an island is OK, at least if you reverse direction you can make right or left turns unlike the NASCAR guys.

Thank you ofdave for such a warm welcome. I've enjoyed your comments on another forum and was glad to see you here also. I bought my naked version used and its the slower black model, lol.

I've posted the lhs rear brake setup on another forum but would be glad to post the mod here too.

Aloha

ofdave

novac, please do a post about it
start a new thread in the tech section, some of us are old but we can still learn (I can, not sure about randy or merlin though)

Steven

start a new thread in the tech section, some of us are old but we can still learn (I can, not sure about randy or merlin though)

Hey, what about me? It might be that I can't learn too...

Merlin III

Hi all

Aloha

Welcome Novac! Riding around Oahu, even in circles, sounds pretty good to me.

Merlin III

I may not be too good at learning, but I sure am good at copying what others do. :)

Novac18

Welcome Novac! Riding around Oahu, even in circles, sounds pretty good to me.

Thank you Merlin. I agree, it never gets old where ever one can ride. As long as I don't go too fast I won't get dizzy! Our ctx's are great bikes for all ages, for me at 60, this will be my last. I would have said the same if I were 45!

Ofdave, I posted the mod but it needs to be approved by the admin.

Hello there Steven! You guys have got a great sense of humor!

Aloha

Steven

I was 66... 10 years ago. When I have to pass gas... only dust comes out.

Dang, and still riding... very cool

When I was very young we still had out houses, water pumps on the sink, party phones (later on), heck I even remember the guys that used to operate elevators before they became automatic. I imagine that you have a few memories you could tell. My girlfriend is about 6.5 years older, but I've never spoken to her about these things, I will do that, it could be fun. Things have changed so very fast. I once worked with a fellow that had worked for Thomas Edison as a lab boy, just before Edison died. He was older and I didn't believe him, but the dates matched. That was in the middle 70's. I wonder what the next generation will see.

randy1149

Dang, and still riding... very cool

When I was very young we still had out houses, water pumps on the sink, party phones (later on), heck I even remember the guys that used to operate elevators before they became automatic. I imagine that you have a few memories you could tell. My girlfriend is about 6.5 years older, but I've never spoken to her about these things, I will do that, it could be fun. Things have changed so very fast. I once worked with a fellow that had worked for Thomas Edison as a lab boy, just before Edison died. He was older and I didn't believe him, but the dates matched. That was in the middle 70's. I wonder what the next generation will see.

Well I was lucky enough to NOT have out houses or water pumps on the sink either. I grew up 10 miles north of New York City with all the current amenities but I do remember elevators with operators.