Went for ride with OEM seat.

casper

Boy you got that right. That's how I felt on the last Corbin I had. Long trips and I'd look at the bike with a sigh, knowing we've got another 100 miles or so before the next stop. But it may have been the seating configuration too. But I did need the airhawk pad, that was a given.

The Lamm seat I have now did not cause any issue at all. When it was time to re saddle up, it was always in happy expectations that I get to ride another segment. No problems at all. It was really a pleasure to get back on it.

hondafan

Stitches in st. Pete, fl did mine. Used him to rebuild all my seats over last 20 years. Had him put a backrest in and 3 layers of aeronautical memory foam which has a different density than std memory. What a difference. Still advise taking lots of breaks for long rides. Once the body starts to complain each time you get on the bike it takes less time to get to the uncomfortable stage.

Would love to see a picture of their work and ball park cost. Just figured out that Stitch in Time is only 3 miles away from me. I also have a 2014 CTX 700N DCT. I think it would be a big advantage for me to take the bike there and show them the complaints I have with the OEM seat and what I would like corrected.

mtvic

You can zoom in to see it here. I reused the same factory cover, but had the back rest added and he made the cover simulated Carbon Fiber. Prices vary based on what you want, think it starts around $200.

Road over 4 hours yesterday with only 1 break, not my fault I wasn't the leader! No issues although i prefer breaks, the body needs it, same as sitting in a car too long or in front of a computer. Body needs a break to survive. Liam has a great reputation, but we have custom builder local. If I lived near Liam I'd use him, but being in Tampa Bay area I used Stiches for as long as I can remember, and so have my friends.

He'll put in heat too if you want it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_141227.jpg
    IMG_20171005_141227.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 137

Steven

One thing that really helped me was the addition of highway pegs. I had them welded to some Crazy Iron crash bars. With the added cushion in my RDL seat I could scoot forwards or back to change my seating position. When my feet were on the pegs, it was so comfortable that I had to remember to put my feet down when I stopped.

Highway pegs 2 small.jpg

Highway pegs 1 small.jpg

In this photo you can see the RDL seat from the side.

Highway pegs 3 small.jpg

Bike small.jpg

Last edited: