Sunday Rides and biker community.

mevsthor

Where I am from most of the people that own bikes go for a ride on Sundays. A few of them have groups that they go out in and some ride solo. I really enjoy doing either, but what I really find nice about it is that even if you aren't in a group you still feel like you are. The community aspect of riding is wonderful, for example I was out for a ride last Sunday and was joined by a group while I was cruising down a local highway. They were your typical retired riders and one of them motioned to me that they were stopping up ahead. When we came to a stop at a light I yelled over asking what he was trying to say to me. It turns out he was saying they were headed to a restaurant and wanted me to tag along. I ended up sharing a meal with them and had an all around great time, just because I was riding my bike like they were.

jonnypop

That is awesome! I am sure we would never get an invite like that from somebody driving a car! haha

I am glad you still got to be part of the group even on your lone rider days! cool.

Trellum

That is awesome! I am sure we would never get an invite like that from somebody driving a car! haha

I am glad you still got to be part of the group even on your lone rider days! cool.

Hahaha, you comment made me laugh because it so true. How funny would that be? LOL. Most biker groups are so close; a really strong and friendly community. Is amazing how a bike can unite people like that!

Trellum

Where I am from most of the people that own bikes go for a ride on Sundays. A few of them have groups that they go out in and some ride solo. I really enjoy doing either, but what I really find nice about it is that even if you aren't in a group you still feel like you are. The community aspect of riding is wonderful, for example I was out for a ride last Sunday and was joined by a group while I was cruising down a local highway. They were your typical retired riders and one of them motioned to me that they were stopping up ahead. When we came to a stop at a light I yelled over asking what he was trying to say to me. It turns out he was saying they were headed to a restaurant and wanted me to tag along. I ended up sharing a meal with them and had an all around great time, just because I was riding my bike like they were.

That's just awesome :) It was so nice of them to invite you to share a meal with them! Glad you had a great time! As Jonny said, you'll never see a driver inviting another driver just because he also drives a car ;) It's amazing how a bike can bond people just like that! They saw you riding a bike as well, and that was enough for them to invite you to eat and get to know you. Amazing :)

andrew172

Well this is a great story to read. I wish this could have happened to me while I was out on one of my solo rides! It is true though that the biker community is very supportive of each other. Whenever I mention to other bikers that I also own a bike, we immediately become closer and can bond over them. Something that I find doesn't really happen very often with cars unless you happen to have the exact same car as some one else.

Trellum

Hahaha, yeah, but aditionally I think both drivers wouldn't only need to be driving the same car (In order to get closer and bond over them); that car would also need to be a super rare one ;) That's the only way I can see something like that happening, well... not like even then you can expect a lot... maybe short but nice talk ;)

andrew172

true, though one of my friends owed an Audi TT once (I don't know how rare they are where you are, but in England they're somewhat common) and one time we parked next to another TT and we all started chatting for about 10 minutes and had a pleasant time because of it. I don't know if that qualifies as a short talk, and we certainly never went out for lunch but still :p

Oivas

Hey Mevsthor

I too have a gang of friends who love to ride on holidays. However, I have yet to experience something of what you did. That is a group of riders coming along and asking me to join... That is yet to happen but then it does sound to be a good experience. :)

andrew172

Hey Mevsthor

I too have a gang of friends who love to ride on holidays. However, I have yet to experience something of what you did. That is a group of riders coming along and asking me to join... That is yet to happen but then it does sound to be a good experience. :)

I wish I had one or two biker friends to ride round with, sadly none of my friends own motorcycles.

bala

i envy you guys for these activities.I am Kinda alone in here,everybody here either owns a luxury car or some high CC bikes.They take to drives on the highway between two states and i long for these.Accepted that they might feel uncomfortable taking me along and my crappy little unicorn.I pray i get a clan of my bike "community" with a willingness to tour.

andrew172

i envy you guys for these activities.I am Kinda alone in here,everybody here either owns a luxury car or some high CC bikes.They take to drives on the highway between two states and i long for these.Accepted that they might feel uncomfortable taking me along and my crappy little unicorn.I pray i get a clan of my bike "community" with a willingness to tour.

Same, I have no one to ride with. Don't get me wrong, it's totally a bunch of fun, riding alone on the open road, but it would be kinda cool to have someone that you can stop with and get some lunch to talk about the ride.

Stallion

I have a group of riders in the city that I live in and enjoy my Sunday out with them. We ride out into the country and race a bit wherever it is safe with less traffic. Having bike buddies is good and you can enjoy your ride more with them.

bala

Same, I have no one to ride with. Don't get me wrong, it's totally a bunch of fun, riding alone on the open road, but it would be kinda cool to have someone that you can stop with and get some lunch to talk about the ride.
Sad,I just hope i get a cool clan to hang out with.There are too many super bikes here that they feel we,when we are riding with them will make their ride fraught.Totally concur with the second one,i have longed for quick lunch in groups.
P.S : I am trying to form my own group with guys from the neighborhood.There are a couple of guys,but they aren't interested.

margarito

This reminds me my childhood days, replace the bike with a bicycle. I along with my friends used to go for rounds for several hours and come home only after we get kicked by our parents. This used to be our only schedule on every sunday. We had many a memories of such kind and thank you mate, you just reminded me of all those :D

firelily99

I have to work on Sundays so I have to go for my Sunday spin on another day during the week. During the warmer months I try and take at least one longer overnight trip on my bike. Winters can be long where I live so I try to get as much enjoyment out of my bike as I can while its warm.