Standard Motorcycle Jack Adapter

randy1149

mjc, great post. I've seen some of the "accessories" you developed for the CTX, from an engineering perspective your one of the top on both forums. The jack adapter not only has functional design you also added safety into it... shows some excellent thinking in the engineering process.

I don't want to help at any level either over there and why I don't post and it's why I didn't post any rebuttal to Rebels nonsense (LINK) on your MC jack. It's your invention and you should have the total say in how it's seen.

I'm not naive enough to think some of those people have not already signed up here and do some lurking in the back ground and your MC jack adapter has been viewed by anybody interested. So the Jeannie is out of the bag so to speak on any type of protection or private retention. I'm referring specifically to the fact you contacted Honda that was included in your first post and free for anyone to read.

So in my intentions here was not to help that forum but to show how wrong Rebel is/was on one of his frequently past misinformation that you could not use a MC jack on the CTX. An issue Rebel has been completely wrong, and in writing time after time... an issue he should be called out on especially it was a response to someone who is a member here also.

I will remain as an observer.

Novac18

I don't want to help at any level either over there

I'm not naive enough to think some of those people have not already signed up here and do some lurking in the back ground and your MC jack adapter has been viewed by anybody interested.

So in my intentions here was not to help that forum

Thats why i didnt post my solution to the parking brake issue there. If they want to see it, they have to come here.

Aloha

MJC

Super Moderator
mjc, great post. I've seen some of the "accessories" you developed for the CTX, from an engineering perspective your one of the top on both forums. The jack adapter not only has functional design you also added safety into it... shows some excellent thinking in the engineering process.

I don't want to help at any level either over there and why I don't post and it's why I didn't post any rebuttal to Rebels nonsense (LINK) on your MC jack. It's your invention and you should have the total say in how it's seen.

I'm not naive enough to think some of those people have not already signed up here and do some lurking in the back ground and your MC jack adapter has been viewed by anybody interested. So the Jeannie is out of the bag so to speak on any type of protection or private retention. I'm referring specifically to the fact you contacted Honda that was included in your first post and free for anyone to read.

So in my intentions here was not to help that forum but to show how wrong Rebel is/was on one of his frequently past misinformation that you could not use a MC jack on the CTX. An issue Rebel has been completely wrong, and in writing time after time... an issue he should be called out on especially it was a response to someone who is a member here also.

I will remain as an observer.

Thank you for the kind words. I do not care to share the adapter on the other site, because You Know Who, will only use my post to say shit about it and ban me, we know how that works, lol. So I leave it up to people to come here and see for themselves. I do not care if they use my design (that is why I posted it) and then share it over at the other site, this way that group can see others are using it and it works, then they have a reason to come here. And I hope that guy gets pissed off when they do.

Must people do not know it but I have been a mechanical engineer for over 35 years and have done revise engineering on motorcycles for years. What we do has a group is take a motorcycle apart and put it back together, looking for and noting how parts work together, that is then used by motorcycle builders, to change things and their lawyers to make the owners manual for that motorcycle. I have worked in that group on Honda, Kawasaki and other brands. I no longer do any hands on work but have been looking over the shoulders of people who do and I can tell you there will be some very nice bikes coming out.

I understand your intentions here are not to help that other forum but to show how wrong Rebel is/was. Yes what a person will say to make people think he is right, when he is clearly wrong will make him the Misinformation King! I hear that he uses the name Rebel because he believes he is a Rebel. In his case I would say Rebel is another word for Ass. Can one be a true Rebel if you are (a mod) controlling the forum and are part of the Establishment? Wait he may believe he is a rebel by going against what members say, yes, go against what everyone says, be a Rebel.....lol...

Only Joking, I do not care what people believe, how they act, what they say or if they think I am wrong or right. I know what I know and look to learn what I do not, welcome help, and offer what I can. I am a motorcycle rider, not a rebel (pun intended) ....

MJC

Super Moderator
Thats why i didnt post my solution to the parking brake issue there. If they want to see it, they have to come here.

Aloha

And that rear hand brake and parking brake solution is a very nice idea, I am saving up to do just that, thank you for posting it.

Steven

I guess I'll chime in a little. Rebel is a dangerous person. I've already mentioned that he carries two lawn mower gas cans on his bike, but something else he has done is to put the bike on a rear stand and spin the rear tire at 120 mph (Top gear - Top rpm). One mistake and the bike could come off that stand and... well I'm sure you can picture the results. The fact is that if I owned a business and Rebel and JFC were my employees, I would fire both of them for abusing their positions and harassing my customers. They both act in their own self interest and not in the interest of the business.

As for Verticalscope, they don't seem to care, and from what I read about other sites they own, they actually support the actions of Rebel and jfc. It seems what is happening on the CTX forum is happening on many of the other forums they own, meaning that any dissension, any questioning of how the forum is run, is squelched immediately. They routinely modify and delete posts that shine a bad light on how the forum is run. In fact, it seems to be a worse crime to complain about the administration than break any of the rules. With this deleting and banning behind the scenes, makes it look like everything is harmonious and most of the members are completely unaware that it has even happened. It also seems that VS is buying any websites that offer any competition, so that means if this site becomes competitive it too could be up for sale and subsequently shut down..

I'll add one more thing... These sites are populated by enthusiasts, like ourselves, but often they are owned by people who see it as a business only and they could not care less about the subject or the people. I understand the reason for this, but this can create a divide between the purpose of the users and the money makers. The owners want everything to run smooth, but the world is a messy place, people disagree and they argue, that is human nature, but to overly censure this behavior is to stiffel conversation and create an atmosphere that is sterile and uninteresting and more importantly create an atmosphere where people are afraid to talk.

Anyway, I'm way off subject and I apologize for that.

Last edited:

dale1721CTX

Simple motorcycle jack adapter

The motorcycle jack adapters show were excellent but I wanted something simple to fabricate and use.
I purchased some 1 1/4 steel perforated square tubing and cut 2 pieces 3 inches long. I drilled the center hole to accept a 1/2 inch bolt and then bolted each piece of tubing to the the center stand tabs with a 1/2 inch bolt 2 inches long. I can now use my standard motorcycle jack with a small WP_20160926_14_22_39_Pro (600 x 337).jpgWP_20160926_14_23_07_Pro (600 x 337).jpgWP_20160926_14_23_15_Pro (600 x 337).jpgWP_20160926_14_24_57_Pro (600 x 337).jpgpiece of wood on one of the lift legs. The wood is 6 1/2 inches long, 2 1/2 wide and 1/2 thick.

ofdave

@dale
good thinking,
if you don't have a centerstand it is the bees knees

saw this is your first post so... WELCOME aboard!!
tell where you are and tell us about your bike, even post pics-we like pics

randy1149

Nice job and welcome dale, Rebel13s current view of MC jacks and the CTX is "just because you can doesn't mean you should".... which mjc totally blew away Rebel's responses from Honda.