So do I need a bigger bike?

Steven

I guess you never know what you have till it's gone. I'll be sure to take care of that tent, thanks. I had tried one other tent. It had more mesh that went lower which I thought would be good for warmer weather, but when it rained the water would splash alongside the rain cover and the wind would blow it into the tent. I returned that tent.

I use Mobile1 Racing 4T oil (10w-40w). I'm a strong believer in synthetic oil. I've used them in my cars for over 30 years and normally change it between 8k to 14k miles. My last car rusted out at 250k miles (16 years), but the engine was running perfectly. My present car is 18 years old (no rust) and is still running strong. To me, the main advantage of synthetic is the extended oil change interval if needed.

Right now I am using K&N oil filters. There are a number of good filters, but the K&N has a nut that allows easier removal, so they say. I'm getting ready to change my oil and I'll let you know. The last oil filter was a bear to remove. As for a wrench, I would recommend something like this... This seems to be what most people have luck with.
71ftmkQ-PLL._SL1500_ small.jpg

As for the clutch filter, I bought my bike used at 6k miles and the filter hasn't been changed since then. I'll be changing it at the next oil change.

Steven

Duffy, when you get new tires, I would recommend Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires. They are more expensive but they last longer (maybe 50%) and are good in wet weather,

Steven, I bought some HifloFiltro "racing" oil filters (HF 204 RC) that have that nut and it comes pre-drilled for safety wire. From what I could find out about the company they provide a lot of filters to various manufacturers for OEM fitment and they have TUV type approval as meeting/exceeding OE specifications.

I did not see a listing on their website for the clutch filter, but I did buy one of their OEM replacement air filters.