Seat comfort zone

Trellum

What do you mean exactly with ''monkey butt''? English isn't my mother language so this slang term made me feel quite confused. Mind to elaborate a bit more? I googled it, but I found a weird entry on the urban dictionary.

reedster1200

Ok this is the hillbilly version of monkey butt: when you get off your bike your butt is sore from sitting on your seat. Like your butt or bum is red hot like a monkey. Doesn't matter how long you sit on it, its the pain present when you stand up. I had a gel seat on a versys once when u got off it your butt or bum looked just like a monkeys butt "redhot". Gel seats are very hot in the summer.

bala

Monkey butt,oh damn i had been thinking differently and the co-relation to it was quite bad.Also,i have never experienced this "monkey butt " problem,i have been on long trips on crappy bikes but still haven't faced anything like this.Well do you think i have got a rigid and sturdy butt..?? :p
Also,my guess is that the seats are quite Ok in the CTX,although i haven't had a chance to drive it.Are there any CTX owners here who have faced this problem..(apart from OP)

novasparker

The best seat I have ever experienced on a motorcycle is the one on my Suzuki Boulevard. It's even better than the seat on my hubby's Harley. Monkey butt doesn't show up for many hours. All of the sports bikes I've ever owned have produced monkey butt after just a few blocks. It's just the nature of the beast. The harder the seat, the worse your butt feels after a bit of riding. My Suzuki doesn't have a gel seat, so maybe that's why it doesn't give me monkey butt...

Stallion

Monkey butt is a good term, lol! Well, I think it takes a couple of years of hard riding for the seat to get to that point. It also depends on your weight too because if you are short and thin the seat may last longer and vice versa. If you are a bulky person then any seat will give way to your weight.

novasparker

Yeah, Stallion has a point. The development of monkey butt has a lot of variables from your weight, to the style and padding of the seat to how long you ride and how regularly as well as how you ride. I think that the longer you ride on a stiffer seat the greater your chances of developing monkeybutt. Just my opinion.

margarito

LOL! Funny conversation so far :D My thoughts went likewise while reading this and later on got a clear picture of the situation. Well, I didn't experience such problem till date. I had traveled to long distances on my bike and didn't face this issue and didn't come across such word "monkey-butt" so far :D Anyway it is acceptable in saying the structure of seats too matter a lot while riding a bike. Else, it finally results in such butts :p Kidding! :D

JLC2014

I mostly get tired of sitting after two hours or so. Time to stop for a walk around and some water. Never had a monkey look at my butt, but I'm sure it gets red after 6-8 hrs. of riding. Getting off and moving around a few minutes does the trick. JLC