Rising gas prices

Trellum

What do you guys think about the current situation (gas getting more expensive) we are all experiencing nowadays? Over here gas is getting really expensive, to the point I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to keep my car. Over here the gas prices just rise and rise, but they never go down and never will. I've noticed in other places things are different, because the gas prices seem to fluctuate, but over here they just go up and up!

I'd like to know how the rising prices of gas have affected you. Have you considered getting rid of your car because of the current gas prices? Are you struggling because of that? What are your general thought on this issue? Ever think gas prices will go down or at least stabilize?

JayGould

A few years ago I saw petrol prices at £0.74/ltr at Tesco, now the prices are nearly £2 or so which is a ridiculous inflation. It's understandable due to the increase in costs for the mining and extraction of it all but in the end I think it all comes down to politics which is never really a good thing for anyone but the politicians!

Trellum

Ah the main problem is the fact they are having a lot issues finding the kind of petroleum that that is easy to refine, because they're having to put a lot effort on refining the petroleum they find. There are many kinds of petroleum, the oil can be divided into two categories: sweet and light/ sour and heavy. The former is easier to refine, and that's why is the most desired one; because if we speak cost-wise this is the most efficient one. Sadly this oil is growing increasingly rare :( So we have the sour and heavy variety that very hard to refine. This is one of the main factors that is affecting the gas prices nowadays :(

jonnypop

Rising petrol prices in the UK are horrendous. SO many people have no choice other than to pay the scandalous prices either.

It will reach a point where people will literally have no free money left.

Sad times.

Trellum

Yeah, this is happening everywhere, but I think we still have the cheapest gas over here, but not so good considering the minimal wage over here is so low! I think people will soon be forced to make a choice between buying gas for their cars or leaving enough money for buying good. Is seriously getting to that point over here. My car is a 3 cilinders one, and I really need it to get to the doctor often :( So having a car is a must for me, I've been so sick the last 3 years... so I have so many doctor appointment! Next week I have 3!!! I feel so sorry for the people who will have to eventually give their car up!

hdejong

Gas will continue rising in price and it is something that we all have to get used to. Eventually we will run out of fuel and will have to find a different means to run our engines!

andrew172

Hopefully the smart ones among us can learn how to design engines that get much... much better miles per gallon on them!

Trellum

Hopely, but I doubt it... this gas thingy is a round business! Those guys are stinking rich... I don't see them letting this go. I konw how a guy who designed an engine that could easily work with alcohol (if I recall right), well the guy was vanished and we never heard from him. But I actually know of a guy whose dad can design devices that are supposed to help you save some gas.

Trellum

Gas will continue rising in price and it is something that we all have to get used to. Eventually we will run out of fuel and will have to find a different means to run our engines!

Yeah, I think there are some options out there already, but gas is a round business. It's a fact we will run out of petroleum, right before this world ends, I guess. Because actually as damaging as this over usage of fuels is... it's also helping to keep a balance! They say once we run out of fossil fuels we might experience some major enviromental issues.

andrew172

Th whole "we'll run out of gas/oil in 60 years" thing is a lie, that helps gas companies justify the price increase they keep hiking up. We keep finding more and more oil and gas on a regular basis, and yeas we would run out if we stopped finding it, and some day we probably will run out... but not in the next few centuries... by which time hopefully we will have found alternative fuel supplies.

firelily99

Gas will drop when we stop allowing a few countries to hold their production over our heads. the US has the capability it just doesn't seem too inclined to come up with better ways to obtain the fuel.

MegaZero

Gas is NOT a renewable source of energy so it is bound to get more expensive and expensive. Just give it a few more years and it will rise a LOT more. Don't complain and just live with it. If you want to complain, buy a electronic car like the Tesla.

andrew172

Gas is NOT a renewable source of energy so it is bound to get more expensive and expensive. Just give it a few more years and it will rise a LOT more. Don't complain and just live with it. If you want to complain, buy a electronic car like the Tesla.

Gas and oil isn't exactly running out, we keep finding more and ore of it on a daily basis. But if everyone thinks it's running out then that gives gas companies a good reason to hike the prices up. Best to go with a car or bike that gives good MPG.

bala

It has exponentially grown in here.It was at 40 odd INR a couple of years back and right now it is at 80 INR for a liter.Wonder where the planet is heading too.There is a revolution right now to emphasize the importance of gasoline and why we need to shift to other feasible fuels.People have been paying heed to it of late.

andrew172

As far as gas prices go, the USA has some of the cheapest gas prices in the world, I've driven a car in both the UK and US, in the US it cost 60 bucks to fill up the tank but in the UK it cost the equivalent of 120, for similar type car.

Stallion

Rising gas prices is no issue for me. I like riding and I will spend any money for my passion. Fortunately I do earn enough and more so that I can live my life to the fullest.

I know that gas prices hurt many people by going up but you have to live with it, I guess.

bala

Rising gas prices is no issue for me. I like riding and I will spend any money for my passion. Fortunately I do earn enough and more so that I can live my life to the fullest.

I know that gas prices hurt many people by going up but you have to live with it, I guess.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Does that mean you have never cared about the prices.? It is said that,it is the rich people who care more for their money,but here we are having a bloke who is easy on money.No offence mate,but that did make a few eyes look up in awe.

firelily99

I live in the eastern US and find that the gas prices generally average out throughout the course of the year. They will creep up at the beginning of the summer vacation season, bounce a bit and then generally go back down in September. It is what it is and until the nations that use most of the oil find a better way then they will continue to be held hostage.