New CTX owner

Woodswoman

I would have gotten it in Safety Yellow if that was available.

Agreed, 100%!! If I knew anybody who painted bikes, I'd have Flicker painted bright yellow. The only advantage of a black bike, IMHO, is that it "goes with everything." No concerns about whether the vast majority of bike accessories (trunks, saddlebags, etc.) will match.

BobWitte

I got a Red 2017, and I didn't get it to go fast. I got it to be seen. I would have gotten it in Safety Yellow if that was available. As far as speed and the ROY G BIV color spectrum, shouldn't you folks who want speed paint yours Violet?

Agreed, 100%!! If I knew anybody who painted bikes, I'd have Flicker painted bright yellow. The only advantage of a black bike, IMHO, is that it "goes with everything." No concerns about whether the vast majority of bike accessories (trunks, saddlebags, etc.) will match.

As you may know, I did my own re-paint in metal flake blue and I painted a lot of extra black tupperware as well. I can assure you that your path of least resistance to get your bikes that bright yellow you pine for is to remove the panels you want painted yourself. Then just take them to a local auto paint shop. I would encourage you to get at least 3 quotes.

Get yourself the service manual and let it guide you in removing the tupperware. It is a bit daunting that's true but nobody will die if you do it yourself. Good luck with that and report back if you do it.

BobWitte

Bob,

When you going to post some pics of that fantastic new Trike?

Dave

As Pharoh kept saying to his court in The Ten Commandments, "So let it be written, so let it be done!"

Check out the "BobWitte" entry in the Gallery for 10 new shots.

BobWitte

Bob,

Wow! Fantastic! I like everything about it. The color is eye popping, the horns look,,, well like something I would expect from Bob, and the seating looks super comfy.

One small suggestion... switch the position of the flags. I ride with PGR and American Legion and was told that the American flag has to be on the right side. Wouldn't want you to get chewed on, like I was. Anyway, get that beauty out on the road.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I didn't know that it mattered.:)