Is there any point...

LALUCIEN

In taking your CBT on a manual geared bike?

At the CBT center, you have the option to ride a manual bike or an auto.
I asked the guy if taking it on a manual would make any difference to my pass and he said no it wouldn't.
He said that passing on an auto or a manual makes no difference whatsoever as the CBT allows you to ride any bike upto 125cc.

My question is then, why would anyone choose to ride a manual for the first time on a CBT?

andrew172

Manuals are generally better all around, they certainly feel more fun to use and they give you more control. Automatic is just like turning it into a sort of go kart.

firelily99

My preference would be to have a manual bike, it feels more like I'm driving it rather than just sitting there.

Stallion

Manual ride gives you a feel for the real bike ride and you need to start with manual before going ahead. maybe the person who spoke to you did not explain in great detail.

Oivas

I think it is a matter of preference. Some like to do in a automatic while few others like me hate an automatic. There is no scientific reason for the hatred, other than the fact that I am absolutely comfortable riding a manual. So, that logic applies to the others as well.

andrew172

Manual ride gives you a feel for the real bike ride and you need to start with manual before going ahead. maybe the person who spoke to you did not explain in great detail.

Indeed, I know that in England, if you learn to drive or ride on an automatic it is then illegal to try out a manual as they as so different.

bala

A quintessential bike shall go well with a manual shift.I do accept that,an automatic transmission shall be hassle free,but is that a requisite in a bike of this stature.We get a feel of biking only if we shift gears manually.

firelily99

My preference by far is to have a manual bike, I feel like I am actually driving it rather than just being a rider. Its like a the difference between a point and shoot camera and an SLR - creative control is a wonderful thing!

skully93

I took my MSF course on a traditional bike. Even though everything I currently own is auto, I wouldn't be afraid to brush up and do a manual if I really wanted it.

Johnny Bravo

Just like cars, I feel like a manual is better for overall enjoyment. There's just more connection to the vehicle and it's nice knowing that not everyone can do it(although many can), it's a skill that you can take pride in, and one you can feel satisfied with when you row through the gears or successfully rev-match downshift. I just like having more control over the machine..