Is the CTX for experienced riders?

andrew172

I'm not an experienced rider myself. In fact the CTX700 is my first (and only) bike. So I was wondering what experienced riders thought of the bike? Is it good in general or does it pale in comparison to the bikes that you've owned and currently do own?

margarito

In my opinion bikes are not categorized based on experience. You can confidently choose a bike of your passion even if you have less experience in driving. The actual thing lies behind your practice in driving a bike. I can say this confidently because I have nearly eight and a half years of experience in driving and I'm sure that a bike is dealt by the way we get habituated to it.

andrew172

Interesting point. I only mentioned it because I've heard it said the the CTX is aimed at newcomers or beginners because of it lower center of gravity and it's unintimidating power. But what you say makes a lot of sense.

hdejong

In my opinion bikes are not categorized based on experience. You can confidently choose a bike of your passion even if you have less experience in driving. The actual thing lies behind your practice in driving a bike. I can say this confidently because I have nearly eight and a half years of experience in driving and I'm sure that a bike is dealt by the way we get habituated to it.

Couldn't have said this any better myself.

Oivas

Hi Andrew,

I have owned different bikes at different points in time and I sure do know that the only experience you need is to balance the bike and have a cool head on the shoulder. :) There is no experience as such unless you plan to do a cross country or for that matter some professional riding. If it is neither just sit on your bike, revv that engine and enjoy..

andrew172

Hi Andrew,

I have owned different bikes at different points in time and I sure do know that the only experience you need is to balance the bike and have a cool head on the shoulder. :) There is no experience as such unless you plan to do a cross country or for that matter some professional riding. If it is neither just sit on your bike, revv that engine and enjoy..

Thanks for the reply! Some of the rides I have on my CTX certainly feel so good that I couldn't tel whether I'm a newbie or professional!

novasparker

While this bike isn't necessarily made for more experienced riders, there is definitely a market for them among the more experienced crowd. I am actually looking for a bike just like this as an around town bike. It's light, nimble and can easily be ridden in more congested areas. So while it may not perform like some of the other faster, performance driven machines, it is definitely not one to overlook.

andrew172

While this bike isn't necessarily made for more experienced riders, there is definitely a market for them among the more experienced crowd. I am actually looking for a bike just like this as an around town bike. It's light, nimble and can easily be ridden in more congested areas. So while it may not perform like some of the other faster, performance driven machines, it is definitely not one to overlook.

Having bought the bike, I can totally say that it's worth it. I don't live in a massively built up city, but there does get a lot of traffic on the daily commute, so it's a good bike for it.

Stallion

The CTX700 is definitely not for beginners and if you are one you should look for some other bike which is meant for an entry level rider. The CTX700 is for experienced riders because it needs an experienced hand to control it. I think if you have been riding a powerful bike for a few months then riding the CTX700 should not be a problem.

novasparker

Stallion, I think I would disagree...of course I haven't ridden it, I do believe that a beginner could easily manage this motorcycle. It's not incredibly overpowered, it's well balanced and it's lower to the ground than some of the others which makes it an ideal starter bike. I think that its one that a beginner can grow into without having to replace any time soon, like some of the smaller cc bikes. I think that beginners do have to be careful and not underestimate this bike, but all in all, I think that most beginners will be fine.

bala

I reckon,it isn't apt for a starter,700 CC ain't a puny number.It stays a bit on the odd side and the seating position for feet-forward might not be long-trip friendly for some amateurs.The Drive mode alone might be a face saver for beginners.Well,i might be wrong,for i haven't ridden it as yet.