How fast do you usually go on your bike?

MegaZero

It really depends on the situation. Am I in a hurry? Is it a high way? Are there cars?

It is really dangerous to just go full out when there are tons of cars so I just usually go the limit speed or just a bit over the limit.

bala

It all hinges on just one criterion,my impulse.Even if there are tonnes of cars lined up i make sure i whiz past them,provided there some gaps between them.Most often than not,my vehicle cranks up 60+ miles an hr even for short distances.If there happens to be a jam,which is quite common in my country i obviously wriggle between or behind those cars.In case of highway i make sure i breach the 120 KM/hr mark constantly.

Last edited:

bala

I always exceed the speed limit and will occasionally hit 100 mph when I get close to home.
You sound like a crazy driver,well not exactly.To crank up speeds of 100mph,you need that steely resolve and guts.have you ever imagined what it would be like if something deleterious happens,GOD FORSAKE.!! but i am just asking.I have often had jittery nerves,while clocking an average 70 mph.

andrew172

You sound like a crazy driver,well not exactly.To crank up speeds of 100mph,you need that steely resolve and guts.have you ever imagined what it would be like if something deleterious happens,GOD FORSAKE.!! but i am just asking.I have often had jittery nerves,while clocking an average 70 mph.

Unless it's on an open road, 100mph sounds pretty dangerous, kinda sounds like an accident waiting to happen to be honest :p

Stallion

I am a very careful as a rider and never go beyond 50 mph on city roads and 70 mph on highways. Speed thrills but kills and it is indeed true. I have seen many lives lost because of speed and I don't want to be one of them.

skully93

Usually the speed limit, maybe a LITTLE over for fun here and there.

Once it's broken in I might find a nice open stretch of road to see what the true capabilities are, but I'm usually most comfy at 80 tops.

novasparker

I usually ride at around 40-45mph, on back road where this is the speed limit...or a little over. I don't like riding very fast, unless it's in spurts here and there for the most part, choosing instead to cruise so that I can take in the sights. I do find it tougher to cruise at slower speeds, though, so I have to watch it on smaller backroads because I have run into a few speed traps here and there.

margarito

Well, it depends on the traffic intensity and the number of vehicles on the road while I was driving. I usually go at 40-45mph or so and go a bit speeder if the road is very clear. Generally high speeds are not suggested as it ruins people's lives when any minute mistake happens while driving. I solely believe in the statement "Speed thrills but also kills".

Mirdid

I checked the 14-17 mph range, into which my level cruising speed generally falls. On the road, I seem to be pretty average, getting passed by the better club riders and triathletes, but passing the casual riders. I am about 1 mph slower on my mountain bike.

I am geared (around 100 gear-inches) for a top downhill speed of about 32 mph and have little desire to go any faster than that. I am much more interested in challenging myself to improve my speed on gradual climbs.