How Durable is the CTX 700?

MegaZero

To any other owners of the CTX 700, how durable is it? I am planning to take it mountain riding but am afraid it might not handle it.

So, how durable is it exactly? I would be a great help if someone could help me!

Share with us your experience while your at it!

Thanks!

dieselfit

I've heard from friends that it is fairly durable. I mean these friends I know from the internet have told me and shared their experiences with it. I haven't had one yet myself. I mean you get what you pay for so if you do get one, you won't be disappointed since it's very durable!

andrew172

My CTX is very durable, but the area I live in is pretty much 100% flat, so I can't say I've ever tested it out on any mountain roads. But were I planning to, I wouldn't have any worries about doing so.

Oivas

Hey MegaZero,

That purely depends on your usage. However, Honda engines and vehicles are ones which stand the test of time. In fact most Japanese vehicles are such. So, durability will not be an issue however, your choice of usage will be. It definitely is not a dirt bike. So, be careful.

andrew172

Oh, were you talking about using it on dirt paths or just mountain paths... because there is a distinct difference... the CTX is good, but it's not exactly a quad bike... I'd be careful if you're taking it over rough terrain.

clay1224

It is a very durable bike. Have dropped it 3 or 4 times and still looks brand new. Barely any scratches.

andrew172

It is a very durable bike. Have dropped it 3 or 4 times and still looks brand new. Barely any scratches.

Ah, yikes, I've tried so hard not to drop it and have so far succeeded, but glad to know that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did!

vulcan

What do you mean by "mountain riding"?
If you mean going in the mountains at high altitudes. Not a problem.
If you mean off road.......a lot better choices.

Trellum

Going off road with this bike would be awful, this bike is good, but isn't a quad bike! It's just a cruiser! I'd be careful, this kind of activities can be really dangerous, if I were you I'd not do that with this bike. Just my opinion tho.

novasparker

It seems as though the consensus is pretty unanimous, it's a great bike cruising through the roads in the mountains, but not if you plan on taking it off road, then you should be fine. I don't think that anyone expects this bike to withstand being dropped without damage, but at the end of the day, if you are looking to cruise through the foothills of the Smokys (like I often do) then it's perfect. But if you want to hit the mountain trails that don't consist of asphalt or concrete, then get yourself another bike.

andrew172

It seems as though the consensus is pretty unanimous, it's a great bike cruising through the roads in the mountains, but not if you plan on taking it off road, then you should be fine. I don't think that anyone expects this bike to withstand being dropped without damage, but at the end of the day, if you are looking to cruise through the foothills of the Smokys (like I often do) then it's perfect. But if you want to hit the mountain trails that don't consist of asphalt or concrete, then get yourself another bike.
Yeah totally, It's a bike that's designed for roads, if you wanna go off-terrain then there a special bikes made for that kind of thing.

Stallion

This is not a mountain bike and is more for the highways. Having said that the CTX is very sturdy and durable and if you do off-roading once in a while I don't think it will do any harm.

Be sure to go slow and not try too many stunts!

margarito

I guess it is durable for such rides. I didn't personally go for such rides but came to hear few experiences from my friends and found almost no issues with it. I can't say this for sure but, better take opinions. Happy ride!

firelily99

For the type of riding that I do and the terrain that I go on its more than durable. I don't generally take it anywhere where it would get really beat up. I stay on the roads and like to take it out for longer rides; if I am just going around town I don't usually take the bike. It something that I like to ride when I am going on an adventure.

andrew172

This is not a mountain bike and is more for the highways. Having said that the CTX is very sturdy and durable and if you do off-roading once in a while I don't think it will do any harm.

Be sure to go slow and not try too many stunts!

I couldn't agree more! Though I will say that I went off road one time and my bike got quite messy, and when I came to clean it after, I was half an hour trying to get dirt out of somewhat hard to reach places, not a problem if you like the rugged look, but I just didn't want it to mess up with the gears like on one of my other bikes.