CTX700 Noob - OEM Sound System?

OldFLDude

Hi everyone. Just bought a 2014 CTX700 and am lovin this bike! Got it used with only 2200 miles on it and am customizing to my liking. Storage is first since...well, it has none! :) I like the OEM side cases and will add eventually but am starting with a top case. Ordered a V56NN Maxia 4 Monokey. Hope it's not so large that it looks funny. (y) Also added a phone holder / charger and a cup holder. Both work and look great.

Sound system is needed and it looks like Honda provided speaker placeholders (see picture) but can't find a sound system from Honda. Anyone know anything about the speaker placeholders? If Honda makes a sound system for this bike, can someone please provide a link? Thanks.
CTX700_SpeakerPlaceHolder (Small).png

BobWitte

That is strictly for show, Honda did nothing with it and since the space is so limited, I wouldn't recommend you do anything with that either. Although a few folks did do something look around the CTX700 forums with your search dialog to locate. Google is your friend.

I have an inexpensive <$20 MP3 player with sound management ear buds that works just fine and won't trigger a 357 Magnum road rage incident. I do recommend that approach. :cool:

OldFLDude

That is strictly for show, Honda did nothing with it...<$20 MP3 player with sound management ear buds works just fine and won't trigger a 357 Magnum road rage incident. I do recommend that approach. :cool:
Appreciate the feedback Bob Witte. Added a taller windscreen over the weekend (Puig) and had the panels off for that install. Definitely agree about the space underneath being a bit cramped. Decided on a JBL Flip5 mounted just above my phone (see picture). Despite how it looks, it actually does not block my speedometer at all. It also has a pretty good sound for being so compact and I still have easy access to all of its buttons & charging port. So, while not a factory-style sound system, I am fairly happy.
JBLFlip5_HondaCTX700.jpg

Jpowell692

Appreciate the feedback Bob Witte. Added a taller windscreen over the weekend (Puig) and had the panels off for that install. Definitely agree about the space underneath being a bit cramped. Decided on a JBL Flip5 mounted just above my phone (see picture). Despite how it looks, it actually does not block my speedometer at all. It also has a pretty good sound for being so compact and I still have easy access to all of its buttons & charging port. So, while not a factory-style sound system, I am fairly happy.
How did you mount the JBL speaker

Mark Motomoto

Hi everyone. Just bought a 2014 CTX700 and am lovin this bike! Got it used with only 2200 miles on it and am customizing to my liking. Storage is first since...well, it has none! :) I like the OEM side cases and will add eventually but am starting with a top case. Ordered a V56NN Maxia 4 Monokey. Hope it's not so large that it looks funny. (y) Also added a phone holder / charger and a cup holder. Both work and look great.

Sound system is needed and it looks like Honda provided speaker placeholders (see picture) but can't find a sound system from Honda. Anyone know anything about the speaker placeholders? If Honda makes a sound system for this bike, can someone please provide a link? Thanks.
View attachment 1467
How does it look with the maxis top case? Just got my ctx this month and same color as yours. Looking for a rear rack.

Last edited: