Camera on your bike

slayeraeb

Strangely I've been seeing a lot of these around lately. I didn't really bother asking what they were for but it still gets me a bit serious. Some of them even had a rear camera.

Do you have one? If so what do you use it for?

casscillac

I guess they have it so that they can see behind without having to take their eye of the front of the road.

auroraantoinette

Do you mean camera like a pro sport camera or like what casscillac is suggesting, a sort of mirror? I've seen a lot of bikes in the mountains with those tiny camera's capturing the beauty of nature, but i've never seen one acting like a rear view mirror. Cool concept though, might have to look into it.

slayeraeb

Do you mean camera like a pro sport camera or like what casscillac is suggesting, a sort of mirror? I've seen a lot of bikes in the mountains with those tiny camera's capturing the beauty of nature, but i've never seen one acting like a rear view mirror. Cool concept though, might have to look into it.

Well it is sport camera like not like the one casscillac was suggesting.

purplesea

I've been seeing more of these around lately, too. I thought it was just me! May just be a fad. Either way, I think they're pretty cool.

purplesea

For 2014, Honda motorcycles is adding a new series to the family: the CTX. CTX stands for Comfort, Technology and eXperience – these motorcycles have been engineered and designed to be tailored for the rider. Honda says they are “focusing on class-leading comfort, easy-to-operate features and versatility.” The CTX motorcycles will have the same engine as the NC700X, the 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin, and it will have the same ride ability as the NC700X.

Sweet stats, man! Does this mean you can throw a nice GoPro on this model? Or would anyone recommend a better camera?

MikaelShore

No, I don't have one. I can see the appeal though especially for people who like to vlog and ride at the same time. I might consider it in the future. You never know what you might capture on your travels.

AndrewC

As soon as I get my new bike I will definitely strap a camera on my bike or helmet, you never know what kind of things you're going to see along the way or just in case of an accident (and I hope I or any of you ever have one) you have it on film, with how some people are I'd love to have some proof about what happened.

Here's a quick video of someone with a camera on their helmets.

Motorcycle Accident Caugh on Helmet Cam - YouTube

username1992

In Russia they use that in cars.
Because there they have corrupt police and they use the cameras to prove guilt when there are accidents.

maybe is the samething. I don't know

avadarling

Maybe in case you get into a accident and then you have it on tape so you can see whose fault it really was? I'm not sure, I know they hve them on cars.

raowens19

I never really actually considered purchasing a camera to put on my bike! I do not think I would personally have any practical use for it. It would just get in the way and make me feel uncomfortable. However, I do understand that some people might want to have one for several purposes. It makes sense. It just is not something that I would want to put on my own bike.

LALUCIEN

I've seen quite a few videos of Russian and other close by European countries where the drivers have dash cams to record their journeys due to corrupt police. Its interesting that the citizens have got to the point where they feel that a dash cam is necessary for every domestic trip they make. I wonder how long it will be before other countries like the UK & US start doing the same?

I personally have a little keychain cam that looks like a car alarm remote that I got off ebay for about £20 which I Velcro to my helmet to video my rides if I'm going on a nice, long or new journey.
Its quite nice actually as it feels like I have someone to chat to while I'm riding along instead of just being inside my own head. It can get pretty solitary in those helmets ( I only have full faced ones ).

I upload the vids to Youtube and people seem to like em.

ballas123

It is by far an excellent idea to place a camera on your bike while you are driving! I will be doing it soon when I take on my friends cbr 200cc. Mine is still only a 150cc but its all about the fun right? I will post it up on youtube as well and then I can share the link with you guys. I am super excited for this. I love speed and that is the truth of all truths.

wander_n_wonder

Strangely I've been seeing a lot of these around lately. I didn't really bother asking what they were for but it still gets me a bit serious. Some of them even had a rear camera.

Do you have one? If so what do you use it for?

I've seen car camera, but not yet a bike camera. The car camera works to monitor any accidents on the road. I once saw a guy who posted a car camera video on YouTube and his accident was recorded and it helped him file a case with the car he collided into. I guess the purpose of the bike camera is pretty much the same.

hbmm

I have a camera on my bike now after a recent accident. I feel a bit better knowing that if something happens again I can prove it isn't my fault

Trellum

I don't think I'll ever use one, but as a poster said previously, I think that kind of cameras are really useful when you're a vlogger. I actually watch the channel who rides a bolt and vloggs while he's riding his bolt :cool: That cameras are really awesome! Specially when you want to capture all the things and places you see while you ride your bike. I can't find a more practical use for this tho :p

Stallion

A camera on a bike or a helmet is cool though I haven't seen many riders using it. If it lets you see what is behind without taking your eyes off the road it can prove to be safer than conventional mirrors. Let me check out some before I decide to get one for myself :).

willstat

I have a friend who used to do this. He mainly chose to do it because he wanted to upload videos of his rides to the web. I never considered it for insurance/legal purposes in the case of a crash. Knowing me, I'd forget to turn the camera on when I rode. It is a good idea, though. If I rode in urban or suburban settings more often then I would consider it.