Are you an owner or fanatic?

purplesea

Title says it all. Are you a CTX700 owner, or just a fanatic? Also, if you are looking to buy one, that could pass as an owner.

jasonwright

I'm a fanatic! I'm going to buy one though once I've saved enough money. I think I saw an ad and it was priced at around $10000 second hand. My dream is to bike from the eastcoast to the westcoast of the USA :)

Dream big :D

jace

Well you can say i am both because i don't have one as yet but looking to buy one. I just became a fan of Honda when i recently met a friend who's bike are all Honda brand and it inspired me. Honda is a very good and reliable bike.

ctx

I'm an owner AND a fanatic! I did a lot of research before purchasing the CTX700 and came to the unabashed conclusion that this bike was the one for me. I love everything about it from its handling to its sleek and sexy design. Safety was a huge factor for me too and the CTX700 delivers on this front as well. Really happy with my purchase which has turned me into a full fledged fanatic!

raowens19

I am a fanatic and a soon-to-be owner! I absolutely cannot wait to purchase a Honda bike. I am extremely thrilled. I love Honda bikes and I feel like having a new one will make my life a lot better. It will help me take my mind off of the daily struggles and issues within my life.

hondazooom

I'm a bike fanatic, a prior owner, and soon-to-be bike owner again. I'm not rich yet, but when I get there, I also want to be a collector. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how I'll manage the "spectator only" aspect when I'm in a house full of guys...lol!

LALUCIEN

I'm not yet a fanatic or an owner but, I am spending a lot of time looking at this bike online and reading up on it to see of its the one for me.

I'd never actually know about it (CTX) until I got talking to a guy I met at a cafe in Hackney about how I was looking for a certain style of Harley (as he had his parked out front) and that the prices I had seen were a bit too high (£30-50000).
He recommended the CTX as an alternative and here I am :)

gregsfc

I'm a fanatic. I bought a brand new scooter one year ago looking for the perfect ride. Of course the perfect ride will never exist but the scooter seemed like the best choice at the time within my budget, even though what I really needed was something that I could put up to 100,000 miles on it w/o major engine or transmission work that also could achieve 60+ mpg and also be able to cruise the highway at respectable speeds for many, many years @ 8500 to 9000 miles per year. The scooter is still just as good a choice as when I bought it, but now I think Honda has blown it away with the introduction of a full-scale, easy-riding motorcycle under $8K that gets 60+ mpg, with a traditional transmission.

At the time of my purchase, I had not discovered Honda's 671 cc power train. I knew about the NC700X but thought that all the hoopla had to do with that small storage area combined with adventure styling, which had growing popularity. The built-in storage is not that big a deal for me since soft luggage or even a cheap rack and top case can give one all the storage one needs pretty cheaply as add-on items. I did not know last year when I was shopping about the mpg of this power train and how Honda had approached performance with this power train in a way that no one else has, giving the kick further down the RPM range for folks who want to ride in a more conservative manner than a typical MC rider. If I had known all of this, I may have spent about $1700 more and opted for the NC700X over a Piaggio BV350. But now I'm glad that didn't happen, as the CTX with fairing fits me much better than an adventure bike.

When I was shopping I found almost the perfect bike in an electric-powered, battery-fueled Zero S. It gets over 200 mpg equivalent on the highway and has all the power and torque one needs who just wants a bike for regular, powered-two wheel, transportation. This bike has only three negatives, but the first negative is a show stopper and that is price. A 2013 Zero S ZF-9, which is the bike I would need, has an MSRP of around $16,000. The second negative is that the two electric bike companies offer only a sport bike or a dual purpose. No cruiser; no adventure; no touring bike; and no scooter style. The third negative, which is related to the second, is the lack of weather protection and accessory options to make one of these a year-around, highway commuter. It should also be pointed out that e-bikes, although getting better and better every couple of years with respect to performance, range, and ease of charging, they are getting more expensive; not less. For instance, even though the 2013 Zero S is faster, can go farther on a charge, and has better components in its design, it is also $1,500 more than the 2012. The other brand, Brammo, one can say the same thing. For 2013, they've come out with a six speed manual (a first for any electric vehicle) that can go 100 mph and 100 miles on a charge, but it too is $16,000-$18,000, which is thousands more than any 2012 model that they had out on the market.

Honda has started this CTX line, and the CTX700N and CTX700 are only the first two with many more to come, so there is a risk that they will come out with something even better suited for what I want and need, however, the faired CTX700 is close enough to what I had been looking for all along and once I take delivery on it, it will be my ride for many years no matter what else comes out.

Trellum

I'm a bolt owner, but I'd like to get a CTX700 next year :) I just signed up to get more info on this amazing looking bike, would love to get more details about it and read other people's experiences with this bike. I might consider selling my bolt to buy this bike :cool:

Danch

Title says it all. Are you a CTX700 owner, or just a fanatic? Also, if you are looking to buy one, that could pass as an owner.

I am a fanatic of Honda bikes in general. The CTX700 is a dream bike I hope to own in the bear future, so I guess that qualifies me as a potential buyer.

The dual clutch format is a novelty to me, so I would want to try that. My ultimate aim is to go on a tour, but I'll wait for a group to join me for safety purposes.

foxtrotguy

I am a new owner of a CTX700D model. I became sold on the dual clutch system having ridden my Honda VFR1200FD since last year. I believe I will be riding the CTX700D exclusively from now on.

wander_n_wonder

I have been an owner and looking to buy another one within the next 2 years. It has been very good to me so far and I've used it for my purposes already. You can never go wrong with a CTX700.

Stallion

I am fanatic and a future owner. I spend hours researching on information pertaining to the latest bike and I know the CTX700 is the one for me - reason enough for being on this forum :).

I usually keep bikes that I own for a long period of time even though it means owning multiple bikes at the same time.

Rabbitman109

We got one for my wife about a month ago. Very nice bike. I like it for her because it inspires confidence. She had a difficult time maneuvering her VN900 sometimes.