Anyone own a moped before a motorcycle?

willstat

My Honda Ruckus was my introduction to biking. Sure, it is child's play compared to real biking but I'm a girl and I needed something to help me transition out of vehicles towards bikes. I had a blast using my ruckus and I think it made me comfortable enough to give motorcycles a shot. Has anyone else owned a moped? I still have my Ruckus but hardly use it anymore.

Trellum

My cousin did, I think. He's not ashamed about that at all :) My interest in bikes started with a bolt tho ;) There is nothing to be ashamed about at all! I'd have gone for a moped, but I had my cousin who introduced me to the magnificent world of biking :)

Chaos

Most of us had a moped before they bought their first bike. There is no shame in riding a moped because you will learn many thing that apply also to powerful bikes. I first had a mountain bike then a moped, then a more powerful scooter and then a 600cc supersport bike. I never made bad mistakes and never got injured severely in 5 years of riding a Yamaha R6 mainly because I previously had a moped and I gained riding it lots of experience.

dapperdileep

I still own mine! Has a lot of sentimental value attached to it. I often get complains from the folks that it only taking up space but I would never let mine go!
It was in running condition a year ago, but not now :(

hbmm

I did! and I loved it haha!:) it was a good way to learn the ropes and gain confidence without having all the power

andrew172

I almost did! There was a time when I was really considering a moped but went for a car instead. Then a few later, I bought my CTX.

firelily99

I really wanted a moped but my dad wouldn't allow it. I think he was less concerned with me having it then the possibility that my brother would get his hands on it and trash it!:cool:

MegaZero

I really wanted a moped but unfortunately, my parents did not allow me to. They were afraid that my little sister might play with it and break it :(

But now I have a CTX 700 so its all good!

andrew172

I really wanted a moped but unfortunately, my parents did not allow me to. They were afraid that my little sister might play with it and break it :(

But now I have a CTX 700 so its all good!

Aww, well alls well that ends well! I'm sure you would have preferred the CTX anyway!

Scottie

I had one for a good while, it was a Honda. I was the coolest thing on 2 wheels at that time. The gas money was just perfect so I would be on it almost 24/7 doing what I want, when I want! My friend still has his and I ride it all the time even thought I have a bike for myself lol

skully93

I'm a proud owner of several scooters. Never owned a moped. I try not to get offended when people call my scoots 'mopeds'. Dude...see any pedals?

My 150cc tops out @ 60 without gravity, and people lose their minds when I tell them that :p. They change their tune when I mention getting 80mpg. My wife is a lot lighter and gets 100!