Thoughts

Steven

Strange rain...

I took off to run a couple of errands and my neighbor warned me that I was going to get wet. I laughed and went on my way. Everything was fine until I was almost home again. It was dry, but a half a block in front of me the rain was pouring down so hard that it was splashing on the pavement. I pulled over and put my rain coat on and rode into the rain. Four blocks later is was bone dry again. I was only a few feet from my street. As I proceeded towards the end of my block it was raining there so I made sure that my neighbor saw me, in the rain, so he could have the last laugh and say "I told you so." :) Hmmmm, the things we do to make our friends feel good.

MJC

Super Moderator
Steven ..."I made sure that my neighbor saw me, in the rain, so he could have the last laugh and say "I told you so." Hmmmm, the things we do to make our friends feel good..."
I would love to have you has my neighbor, love saying I TOLD YOU SO! Where I live I never get to say that, my neighbors are getting so young and you know how that goes...like my kids....they know everything!

Lots of rain here this season, if you do not ride in the rain you may not get to ride this year! Ya, next year I will be going out to Indiana (Amy base) to visit my kids/grandkids and riding around there, Maybe we can meet somewhere and ride? So let it rain now and hope for many sunny days next year!

Steven

Steven ..."I made sure that my neighbor saw me, in the rain, so he could have the last laugh and say "I told you so." Hmmmm, the things we do to make our friends feel good..."
I would love to have you has my neighbor, love saying I TOLD YOU SO! Where I live I never get to say that, my neighbors are getting so young and you know how that goes...like my kids....they know everything!

Lots of rain here this season, if you do not ride in the rain you may not get to ride this year! Ya, next year I will be going out to Indiana (Amy base) to visit my kids/grandkids and riding around there, Maybe we can meet somewhere and ride? So let it rain now and hope for many sunny days next year!

I assume you mean the Army base in Edinburgh, Indiana. That's about 200 miles from me. It's a possibility... Keep in touch

Steven

BTW, you will be by Brown County in Indiana. My neighbor loves that area and says it's a great place to ride.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bro...fPUAhXKdSYKHV-jDa0Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1070

MJC

Super Moderator
I assume you mean the Army base in Edinburgh, Indiana. That's about 200 miles from me. It's a possibility... Keep in touch
BTW, you will be by Brown County in Indiana. My neighbor loves that area and says it's a great place to ride.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bro...fPUAhXKdSYKHV-jDa0Q_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1070

I am not sure where, they told me Indiana and Amy base. They are in Eschenbach City in Bayern, Germany now and will be moving in Jan 2018 to IN. They have a house in Fort Knox, Kentucky (they have rented) and told me they will be about 150 miles North of that home. Anyway I plan on being out there from April to July in 2018, riding around. Hoping for not that much if any rain, lol. I will let you (and anyone around there) know when I am around and maybe we get some riding in. Like meeting people in person from the forum, putting a face with the names, and seeing their bikes!

Steven

Yep, that's the right distance. That puts you about 30 miles from Brown County State Park. If my friend is right about Brown County, you're going to really enjoy yourself. That's all he talks about.

I'm not much to look at but my bike sure is pretty! :)

Every time I look at it I begin singing...

You are so beautiful To me
Can't you see

You're everything I hope for
You're everything I need
You are so beautiful to me

Well, maybe it's not that pretty, but I do like it. :)

MJC

Super Moderator
LOL! One thing about getting older is my eyes make me (fat, bald, ugly) look great, and when people ask "How do I look?" I can say "You look fine, lol.

My eyes: I was riding down the road one day (few years ago) and saw something in the middle of the road, not sure what it was, I kept riding slower and slower, till I was stopped right in front of it....it was the double white road lines. Now to be fair it was very sunny that day and I had my sunglasses on and they may have been dirty...lol.

Maybe I can ride to your home (next year) and we can get your friend (and you) to ride over to Brown County, and he can show use around. I do plan on riding and when I go riding my kids know I may not be home (their place) for a few days. Last time when they where in KY, I went to PA, WV, OH, TN, NC, DC, and this was after I trailer-ed my bike to KY and then back home to NY. I spent 50/60 days at their home (riding local but home for dinner) and 30 +/- days riding and staying in Motels. When they where in TX, I had to rent a bike and took my then 4 year old grandson a long rt 10, and back over 1000 miles, this was after we watched Pee Wee Herman's great adventure, where someone sole his bike and he went looking for it in TX.... the ideas for rides I come up with? Fun times! We almost missed Thanksgiving dinner, lol.

My daughter understands about me and riding, my wife well lets just stay no so much, but I can say to her "You look great" and she says stop it, go for a ride and cool off......one way or another I get to ride...lol..

Steven

Maybe I can ride to your home (next year) and we can get your friend (and you) to ride over to Brown County, and he can show use around. I do plan on riding and when I go riding my kids know I may not be home (their place) for a few days. Last time when they where in KY, I went to PA, WV, OH, TN, NC, DC, and this was after I trailer-ed my bike to KY and then back home to NY. I spent 50/60 days at their home (riding local but home for dinner) and 30 +/- days riding and staying in Motels. When they where in TX, I had to rent a bike and took my then 4 year old grandson a long rt 10, and back over 1000 miles, this was after we watched Pee Wee Herman's great adventure, where someone sole his bike and he went looking for it in TX.... the ideas for rides I come up with? Fun times! We almost missed Thanksgiving dinner, lol.

Sure. I'm not sure about my neighbor. He has all his money tied up in his bike and didn't leave any for travel, but I'll ask. There are a couple of short rides around here you might like, but keep your expectations low. I live about 50 miles south of Chicago. Heading north, it's about 30 miles of open country with small towns and then it begins to get busy. Any other direction, and it's hundreds of miles of farm land with small towns and flat land. There are interesting roads but they are far apart and don't last long.

I spend most of my time riding in the country at lower speeds. It's not always interesting, but it's peaceful.

I should also mention that Indiana has entry fees for it's parks.

Steven

This was just for fun. My sisters face is growing out of a flower... That would really be disturbing if it happened in real life. :)

Sharon Tree  Flower Judy Face Small.jpg

Brunnka_CTX

I like your photo work, nice job. My excuse for buying my motor cycle was that it was an economical way to find interesting places to photograph here in Illinois. Of course that was nonsense, but it sounded good. I’m about 33 mile north east of St. Louis, so there must be about 175 miles of flat land between the two of us. I’m thinking going up the Great River Road to Galena latter this summer or early fall and exploring that area and maybe a part of Iowa for a few days. Have you ever been over in that area? Maybe someday we’ll end up passing each other somewhere near Peoria.

Steven

Thank you, it's just a hobby, but I find it fun. My story is a little different. I got the bike and after riding around for a while I decided it would be fun to have something else to do while riding.

As for meeting up, it's possible but that was about when I was planning to go out west. Plans change so keep in touch on this. MJC is heading this way next year on his way to Indiana, hopefully before it gets too hot. Perhaps we can all get together and have a group ride over to Brown County in Indiana. BTW, this is directly east of you about 200 miles or so. MJC says he's a good leader pace setter and that works for me. I would't mind staying there for a few days. A friend loves that part of the country. I'm sure it's not like being the the Appalachian mountains, but from what he says, it has some nice biking roads.

ofdave

Steven,
I never saw triplets that old until now.
And they still dress the same like when their mom did it.
Cool