Wind chill

ofdave

It is an issue here in Florida too.
Last Sun the wind chill was 81 on the way home
so how about some sympathy from you northern riders?
and don't tell me about "dry heat"-hot is hot.
wind chill at speed.jpg

Thumper

I just ordered a 100% Merino Wool base layer shirt for those cold temps I'll be hitting out west. I can definitely take the heat (yes even the dry heat), but when it drops below 70 degrees, I have to zip the liner in.

randy1149

Heated hand grips, jackets and (gloves if necessary) is my answer to the cold... they all work very well. Dave you got "dry heat" in Florida?

Steven

I used to ride in 15 degree weather day in and day out and never got cold. I had a pretty good shield and wore a skiing suit. For my hands I used thin gloves inside insulated mittens. I also used a Throat Coat (Helmet skirt) to keep wind out of my helmet. For my feet, I would put on a pair of rubber Tote boots over my shoes and a couple pairs of socks.

I noticed that on the CTX I get wind in mostly two areas, on my arms and shoulders (can't do much about that) and what comes up from underneath the tank. I'm trying to construct some air dams to address the air under the tank issue, but if it works, it should also minimize helmet buffeting. This winter I rode in 20 degree weather and my hands got cold wearing regular motorcycle gloves, so I'm thinking of hand guards and going back to mittens, or some of those handlebar mittens.

Merlin III

I would like to see an aftermarket full faring at an affordable price. One of my old BMW buddies use to tell me he could smoke a cigarette at 100 MPH on his older BMW. LOL
The cold doesn't bother me too much, but the heat, like Dave mentioned can be a real killer out in the southwest in the Summer. A couple of years ago I was in Utah and stopped at a cheap motel after leaving Bryce NP. My sneakers were full of very fine dust from hiking so I soaked them in the sink. I put them out on the balcony dripping wet and just about 15 minutes later I by chance checked them and they were bone dry.