Political Rukus from those other guys.

randy1149

Seems Rebel13 posted some political stuff along with his avatar and signature that caused some push back by some members. Here's what Rebel13 posted in response to some members:
First off, this a funny photo of a tshirt that is motorcycle related. The thread has been moved to the funny section where it belongs. Like everything else in this forum, if you don't like something, then stay out of it, move on, it is that simple!

Great job Rebel. No it's not that simple. Political posting should be banned, period not going around the rules by using the Funny Section. Who do you think your fooling?

Steven

Everything was fine until so and so claimed the t-shirt was misogyny. If you search for demons, you will find them. As for politics, who really gives a rip? You do have to admit, it has been really funny from time to time, you know... small hands and all. I honestly don't follow this at all, only a glimpse now and then.

ofdave

that's the forum where the mods are gods
-don't believe it? Just ask 'em
and whatever you do, don't prove one wrong (esp jfc) he will delete your posts if they show he was wrong-that is a fact
I am so glad we don't have that BS to deal with here.
Just looked at the thread randy mentioned, seems rebel edited his original tough guy statement to tone it down

Last edited:

randy1149

Steve, under other circumstance I would agree with you... but not that forum especially with those mods who are usually the instigators as was the case by Rebel13. One member J&Jcf push back at him and his responses only made things worse by adding another political "Bikers for Trump" in his avatar and it's STILL there at this writing. He flipping the bird to J&Jcf the original member who pushed back and the rest of them with his last remarks. I don't know how they keep these guys in power.

As I said earlier under other circumstances but considering how intense and contentious this presidential election has become, posting anything with political overtones is sure to get combative responses. And when a mod initiates it... the $hit will hit fan for sure.

Steven

It's okay to disagree with me, that's how I learn. I gave up on politics a very long time ago. My disquiet with it began when I was in Vietnam after I realized that the reasons for the war were not what the public was being told. I also learned that the Vietnamese people didn't want us there and they told me that life was much better before we came. I thought to myself, if we're not there for the people then why are we there? That's when I realized that the governments of the world were using their 'people' as pawns for their political aspirations. Here's the other thing... We were told that Vietnam was a threat to America, but we lost and you know what... Nothing happened! There was no threat. All the people who died, died for nothing. This laid the foundation for my distrust of politicians.

Here's another reason to not trust governments... During the cold war with the Soviet Union, their solution to their differences was to create enough weapons to wipe out all life on the planet. You would think that an intelligent person would be able to understand that it's in the best interest for the entire planet to put these philosophical differences aside and work together towards creating a peaceful civilization.

Perhaps it just human nature to be in conflict.

randy1149

This time I do agree. I'll go further on your opinion of politicians, it goes far deeper than trusting them, they're are as corrupt as organized crime. They redefined the word "bribery" to mean "campaign contributions". And to compound it, companies and organizations can "contribute" into this corruption and don't have to tell anybody about it.... what a country. You and I don't stand a chance against this legal corruption.

If I can let me go back to the situation on "other" forum. As being a mod in other forums it's was in my job overview the mods are there to keep the peace and keep things going on an even keel. What's going on over there the mods are the ones creating the disruption instead of prevent it. Then they ban members and delete posts to cover their tracks, telling the members if they don't like it take a walk. Reble13's posts with political overtones is an in your face, up yours, if you don't like it take a hike abuse of his power as a mod... HE should be banned. I would love to see the number of members Rebel13 and jfc have banned over the last year who pushed back on them and got banned for "disrespecting a moderator". I know 4 or 5 myself.

Peace.

Merlin III

Seems Rebel13 posted some political stuff along with his avatar and signature that caused some push back by some members. Here's what Rebel13 posted in response to some members:
First off, this a funny photo of a tshirt that is motorcycle related. The thread has been moved to the funny section where it belongs. Like everything else in this forum, if you don't like something, then stay out of it, move on, it is that simple!

Great job Rebel. No it's not that simple. Political posting should be banned, period not going around the rules by using the Funny Section. Who do you think your fooling?
I couldn't agree more. And he is a moderator? That site lost quite a few members because of his shenanigans.

Merlin III

Everything was fine until so and so claimed the t-shirt was misogyny. If you search for demons, you will find them. As for politics, who really gives a rip? You do have to admit, it has been really funny from time to time, you know... small hands and all. I honestly don't follow this at all, only a glimpse now and then.
IMO, the thing to remember is that your or my definition of misogyny isn't necessarily the same as everyone else. The thing we do know is that certain actions, or in this case postings, will be viewed as hurtful by others. Hell, I want people to like me and I certainly don't want to be offensive. Why would any well adjusted person do what Rebel and his supporters did?

Steven

Yep, disrespecting a moderator is a new concept to me. It's also interesting to note that I've often heard Rebel stand up against the government interfering in his rights and yet his actions are exactly as what he resents. I don't think he realizes it. As for jfc, I haven't really paid any attention to him, but ofdave has complained about him too. Other than that, I have to admit that what bothers me from time to time is the whining that some people do. For instance, this recent political discussion on the other site is fine with me, but a few members don't want to talk about it and so they, rather than just ignore the thread, demand that everyone else stop speaking. Granted that this is a departure from the subject, but it's a momentary diversion and will fade. The interesting thing about the whole thread is not that it's about politics, rather more about 'talking' about politics. That's kind of silly if you ask me.

While I'm speaking...

I've gotten a great deal of useful information from the members of the other site and I can't express my gratitude enough for that, but a great deal of the posts are about how much people enjoy the bike. I get that and I'm with them a hundred percent, but after while it's time to move on and grow/evolve. This concept of such a tightly focused subject matter is too constraining, don't you think?

Steven

Hey Merlin you snuck in there while I was typing. Rebel was itching to talk politics, we all knew that. He was good with what was going on but jfc over moderated him... lol!

Merlin III

Yep, ................. It's also interesting to note that I've often heard Rebel stand up against the government interfering in his rights and yet his actions are exactly as what he resents. I don't think he realizes it. Steve, You are very perceptive. or he just doesn't care. IMO He knows exactly what he is doing. ........... Other than that, I have to admit that what bothers me from time to time is the whining that some people do. For instance, this recent political discussion on the other site is fine with me, but a few members don't want to talk about it and so they, rather than just ignore the thread, demand that everyone else stop speaking. I respectfully disagree. I personally am sick of politics. When I go to a motorcycle site, I don't want to be forced to, at the very least, emotionally get involved in a political discussion even if only for a few seconds before I realize what the discussion is. Really good sites like Advrider, have a "basement" for that type of talk, and you have to specifically go there. In short there is a choice. On the "other site" I see no such choice. It automatically comes up on the feed.

Steven

There we go disagreeing again... That's a healthy thing to do. Yikes! I didn't mean to step on your toes, sorry. You nailed the problem right in the head, "it automatically comes up in the feed"...

You go to advrider too? I was following the 70 year old woman touring South America, but I haven't got to the present day yet... 40+ pages to go through. What do you think about those folks opening their homes to other riders, cool huh?

BTW, I was also watching some fantastic travel videos on youtube. This fellow traveled out to Utah and Colorado, first on a BMW and then a 250 (both adventure bikes). I made a couple of comments to the author and he invited me to stay with him if I ever get to N. Carolina.

Here's the link if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/tewster2/videos

Last edited:

Merlin III

One last reference to the other site for me. The thread was closed by Jfc2313, or whatever his name is, and the way I read it he blames it on Ares301, who was the last one to post for turning the thread into a political one. OMG, JFC just doesn't get it does he?

Quote:Originally Posted by Ares301 View Post
Clearly you don't understand what you doing.
The joke is in the background of T-shirt picture. Political main message is on the front and it is offending.
I don't want "his" and your vision of America but I don't bring it here.
I don't want for my grandkids your "new deal" R.A.P.T. - Real Americans Palinskaya Trumplandia, "drill drill...", "bomb sh$t out of 'em" intellectual wasteland.
You f&rt in public and deny it stinks...

This site has been hijacked by "super moderators" with questionable backyard experience and by elite of "mutual admiration society". And this is happening with full knowledge and approval of Administrator and main owner or sponsor - Motorcycle.com Group.
Whitewashing and bad odor eliminating won't help here any more... Just to run he&l outta here....

Thanks Ares301 for making a political statement on the forum and turning this thread into a political statement. Up till now, it was just a picture taken off of a t-shirt. We will now close the thread.

Merlin III

You go to advrider too? I was following the 70 year old woman touring South America, but I haven't got to the present day yet... 40+ pages to go through. What do you think about those folks opening their homes to other riders, cool huh?

BTW, I was also watching some fantastic travel videos on youtube. This fellow traveled out to Utah and Colorado, first on a BMW and then a 250 (both adventure bikes). I made a couple of comments to the author and he invited me to stay with him if I ever get to N. Carolina.

Here's the link if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/tewster2/videos
Steven, yes, I go there all the time. I too have followed "Old Weed" and probably a hundred other people and their ride reports. It is great Winter reading. Their tech sites are top notch also. Unfortunately, not too much on the CTX700.