newbie looking for a bike

ekusafetyman

Trying to decide whether to go with DCT or manual. Leaning toward the DCT because of the ABS. This will be my first bike and I think the size will be perfect for a novice. I enjoyed the basic rider course.

Trying to decide whether to go with DCT or manual. Leaning toward the DCT because of the ABS. This will be my first bike and I think the size will be perfect for a novice. I enjoyed the basic rider course.
Welcome to the Forum. Take your time and look through the forum threads relating to the DCT vs manual choice. Then choose. The CTX700 is a good bike.

Woodswoman

It's a tough choice. If I were just getting into riding, I don't know which I'd pick, either.

I started riding on scooters -- a Honda Elite 80 at the beginning, and then I upgunned to a Burgman 400 and later a Burgman 650.

But I realized I would have a far greater selection of machines if I learned to shift, so I switched to a cruiser (Suzuki Boulevard C50) and learned the ropes. I stayed with cruisers very happily for another 8 or 9 years.

Then Honda released the CTX700, with a dual-clutch transmission. Suddenly I could have my cake and eat it, too. LOL

max

Don't know your location, but thinking of selling my 2017 CTX700DCT.Currently has 2280 miles. Red color , has full cowling package, shorty exhaust. 2014 modified seat and original 2017 seat, phone holder , small bag on passenger seat, Air Hawk seat pad. Have original muffler. Always garaged. excellent condition. Bought from dealer in Conroe Tx. Asking $5800 if interested. My phone won't download pics, so can send some from wifes phone if interested. [email protected]. I'm located in Hutto TX. , just east of Austin. Under extended warranty until July 2021.