New guy from St Louis MO

DesPeresMark

New guy here from St Louis. Bought 2016 CTX DCT last week. Crappy weather since, only 75 miles so far but really like my choice. Have a Vstrom and was looking for a second bike.

Chill Will

Welcome to our forum. Owned two first gen 650 stroms, a 2007 and 2011. Best all round bikes I ever owned in a lifetime of motorycling, but the ctx dct helps my arthritic joints. You will find this a helpful and friendly forum and a great ideas resource. Have fun....

12MANY

Welcome to the forum. You will love the DCT especially if you spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic where it really shines and getting over 60 mpg while doing it.

DesPeresMark

If it would ever stop raining and get above 40, I'd get out and ride it some more.
okay, why are there two CTX forums? I found one, joined. Stumbled into this one and joined.

Brunnka_CTX

Welcome to the forum. I live about 33 miles northeast to St. Louis so maybe we'll past each other when I'm over across the river. There are a lot of great roads to ride in Missouri.

casper

If it would ever stop raining and get above 40, I'd get out and ride it some more.
okay, why are there two CTX forums? I found one, joined. Stumbled into this one and joined.

Long story. Go back and read the threads if 8nterested votherwise, my suggestion, enjoy both. Welcome on this forum. I've already said hi on the other. ��

mtvic

They are both competent/fun Forums with great members. There seems to be a personality issue with the other one from a Moderator that is leaving a lot of people very uncomfortable.

DesPeresMark

Thanks for the feedback. I've found forums like this are amazing resources which I intend to take full advantage of.

My first mods on my CTX will be floorboards and a Madstad.

I got used to the auto tranny pretty quick but my feet just don't want to go that far forward to those pegs so the long boards look appealing.
As far as windshields go, I had a BMWRT1100 with electric adjustable windshield once and it has spoiled me forever. I could have read a newspaper at 80 MPH in the rain on that bike.

Saxman

Welcome Mark, and congrats on the DCT purchase! When I bought my bike the dealer did not have one in stock for me to try but they seem like they would be a blast to ride!
Jefferson City MO resident here, by the way.

kujawskir

Welcome!
I recall going down the Current River in a canoe over 3 decades ago, maybe roads near there are good for us too?