It was a wonderful day for a ride.

ponydrvr

Been off the CTX for 9 days due to some health issues. Got back in the saddle yesterday and rode ~170 miles for a grilled tuna sandwich and to pick up some salsa.

TapatioSalsa.jpg

Boy did it feel good!

A N D it tasted even better on my scrambled eggs with sausage, peppers, onion, and shrimp.

casper

Ahh, bite me you guys!!! 35 degrees in MN and a serious glaze of ice. There's a hump of ice on my driveway apron that will knock the C right off the back tire. I won't see that dry until April!

troup1998

I do my daily ride to work in downtown Orlando every day; about 30 miles round trip. CTX is my first motorcycle, ....have no desire to drive a car again.

ponydrvr

I feel for you guys up in the frozen tundra of the north. I too have lived in those nether regions and felt the same way as you. Especially when family and friends regaled me with the adventures of the day. Their cozy warm patios complaining how hot the sun was and their pictures of suntans. I was jealous for sure.

Now I'm retired and trying my hand at the southern exposure thing. The jury is still out. The roads are mostly straight, nearly flat and very boring. Right now I'm looking from my 6th floor condo patio with fog so heavy the beach can't be seen at 100 yards. This is the second day of it. OH well there isn't any ice, snow or freezing temperatures and that is a good thing.

randy1149

Today Feb. 9, 2017 at lower New York state, 24º & 13.5" of snow. Yeah this is the time the bikes are put away for 3 months. BUT I get to ride July, August and September when it's 100º+ in many states that makes riding unbearable.

It is no fun stopping at a red light in Texas when it's 105º and the heat is burning the inside of your legs off and a full face helmet is a form of self flagellation. Have fun on your rides folks, but I have no desire to move where the old green grass expression probably applies.

Last edited:

ponydrvr

You might want to consider Kentucky or Tennesee. Most years we get to ride 9-11 months out of the year. The roads are great.

I've lived in Buffalo, Chicago, Erie, and grew up 60 miles SW of Cleveland. When I was young I liked the snow and cold. Then I grew up. I learned that the human body gets used to the heat much easier than the cold; especially as the years pile on.

I guess I could say "Been there - Done that - Don't want anymore":p

Steven

Myself, I can take the cold, but not the heat. Even in the winter, I keep my house at about 64 degrees give or take because that is what is comfortable to me. I did live in Florida for a while and every time I got in my car it was 140 F sitting with the windows up. Anyway, the winters were very nice.

randy1149

View attachment 565

Boy did it feel good!

A N D it tasted even better on my scrambled eggs with sausage, peppers, onion, and shrimp.

You might want to consider Kentucky or Tennesee. Most years we get to ride 9-11 months out of the year. The roads are great.

ponydrvr, no doubt there's states where the weather lets you ride all year. Move to Kentucky / Tennessee? What did you do to your eggs? Is THAT what people eat there... I'd be on Zantac and Imodium 24/7!

ponydrvr

@Steven: you sound exactly like my mother sounded - 64F and she was wearing shorts and tank tops. She wouldn't leave Oho for any reason - and didn't even for vacations. Trust me when I tell you the body has tremoundous adaptive ability. I lived in Las Vegas during my USAF days and saw 120+ F many days. The car would be so hot you couldn't touch the steering wheel for several minutes during startup, it really hurt to set in the seat and there wasn't much (any) shade.

That's ok though. This country has the right weather for all of us. We just need to find it.

ponydrvr

View attachment 565

ponydrvr, no doubt there's states where the weather lets you ride all year. Move to Kentucky / Tennessee? What did you do to your eggs? Is THAT what people eat there... I'd be on Zantac and Imodium 24/7!

@randy1149 : Fixed my eggs just the way I like'em. I don't know if others eat like that here or not - I do! So far I've had no digestive issues as have many of my friends. But then I grew up on spicy hot food.

FYI: chicken manure fertilizer makes peppers
hot. So hot they eat the lids off of Ball canning jars in less than year. We all enjoyed them at just about every meal. This Salsa is pretty mild by comparison.

Last edited: