Is it better to buy a CTX bike used or new?

dieselfit

I know bikes will decrease in value as soon as it is driven. But I'd like to know what is the best option and what other people have experienced. I'm not too short on money and could go for the brand new. I'm just always thinking about how much money would I really lose from buying it new and is it worth buying used?

andrew172

I bought mine used, I can't say that I found any problems with it, it's previous owner seemed to take very good care of it. Then again... this is my first bike and I don't have anything to compare it to...

Oivas

Dieselfit,

There are some challenges with used ones, which is the way it was used by the previous user. So, it depends on how well he or she had maintained it. In case of a new one there at least is a warranty period for your vehicle.

All said and done there is a chance that you end up finding a gem of a second hand vehicle and that would be a bargain. So, all the best!

andrew172

I think the reason most CTX owners sell their bikes on is because they're looking for a more advanced bike, as the CTX is pretty entry level. In which case, they've more than likely maintained the bike pretty well. This was definitely the case with me.

clay1224

You can never go wrong with buying a used bike. Unless you have the money to buy a brand new bike, then buying a used one is your best option.

MegaZero

Used bikes are really cheap if you get the right one. If the Ctx bike is used and well equipped then go for it. But if it is damaged and has a lot of mileage on it, then you may want to consider a new one.

andrew172

Used bikes are really cheap if you get the right one. If the Ctx bike is used and well equipped then go for it. But if it is damaged and has a lot of mileage on it, then you may want to consider a new one.

I agree, I bought mine used and have never had a problem with it. I did study the bike beforehand though to make sure that it would be in good condition before I bought it.

firelily99

I'm going to go the used route, it makes a lot more sense for me financially. That way I can save some money for a new one, a more advance model.

margarito

If it is that you are not financially bothered much, then better go for a new one as it gives you a great thrill in getting new ones. Used ones are chosen when you are unwilling to pay a lot for getting a new one. If you encounter any problem with the bike then it is you who regret finally for getting a used one paying it much or less amount. So better get a new one as you don't mind spending much for a bike.

dieselfit

I see your points. I mean if one has the money to buy new then why not right? But I can see the used being fantastic choice even for those who have money. Assuming the previous owner kept it in excellent condition I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference. I think I might go with the used then.

novasparker

I am a huge fan of buying bikes used. I don't like to pay full retail for new bikes and watch the value of the bike decrease the second I sign on the bottom line. Plus, getting a used bike means all the bugs have been worked out of it. Of course, I have my husband there to fix things when they go wrong, so I don't worry much about getting a bike with a problem.

skully93

Used can be a great way to go if you get a good deal. Hondas tend to be around a long time so either way works pretty well. I tend to keep a vehicle for a really long time, so new isn't a bad gig. If you lose interest or think you'll upgrade quickly, used is even better.

andrew172

I see your points. I mean if one has the money to buy new then why not right? But I can see the used being fantastic choice even for those who have money. Assuming the previous owner kept it in excellent condition I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference. I think I might go with the used then.

You got it totally right- just make sure you give it a good inspection making sure it's all in one piece- you don't want to have to pay to get it fixed early on.

Stallion

There is nothing like owning a brand new bike. But if you have monetary concerns then you may need to look at a used bike.

If you consider a used bike be sure to check it thoroughly preferably with the help of a good mechanic.