Inseam seat height calculator

randy1149

This has been around for a while, it'll give you a ballpark for many bikes, the 2014 CTX700 is available. As most know Honda moved the rider forward with the 2015 seat. So take that into your decisions. Seat Calculator

ofdave

good info for sure
my problem (at 5'9", 28" inseam) is that almost every bike I like has me on tip-toes at a stop

plus having the seat waist high on many means they're a PITA to move round the garage
Guess I'll stick with my CTX

randy1149

I have the same seat height issue as you on most of my favorites. The 28" on the CTX was one of the top specs. when I was searching. I wasn't looking for a DCT automatic tranny, but as it turned out I'm really happy with DCT... it'll be on the short list of any future bikes.

Thumper

That's a pretty handy calculator! The rider in the picture looks just like me! :cool:
I'm 5'8" but my inseam is 29". I can't flat foot my Vstrom but I trained myself years ago to be a one foot stopper. I love Adventure bikes, so I deal with the issue right now. I can manage it around parking lots ok by duck walking, but I won't lie, it gets interesting in the mountains. I know I'm shrinking though as I age so, eventually, I will be moving back to the cruiser style (more than likely a CTX).

Last edited:

Merlin III

There is a guy on Adventure Rider who does yearly ride reports who designs and builds his own bikes. He takes frames, engines, seats, you name it, and builds the bike to fit him and his needs. They are Adventure Bikes and he will usually take them and do rides like the Labrador Trail and other North American roads like that from his home in VA. I wish I had those skills. I have searched far and wide for my perfect stock bike and have come to the conclusion that it isn't made.

randy1149

Here's a GIF comparison photo between the 2014 (Red) and the 2015 (Blue) CTX700 seats. HERE. Let the 2 pix load.

The 2015 seat pushes your butt forward around 2". It makes short riders with short inseam happy and taller riders not so much.