Hello from Benicia CA

Steve in CA

Hi, I bought a CTX700 dct a couple of months ago.
Just making mods and learning what others have done.
I hope to be riding again soon, after I recover from a broken knee cap:cool:

Wtc

I reactivated my membership last night but didn’t locate it today. I live in Emeryville and own two 2014 700 ctx motorcycles , faring model. One is a dct (Red) and the other is Manuel. (White). If you want to discuss mods , drop me an email. I’m not sure how this site works so I thought I would reach out to you Steve since you live in Benicia! Thanks. WTC. [email protected] Cee Bailey shield, floor boards, shorty pipes,Break Away manuel cruise control ,locks, reliable motorcycle shop. I’m going to sell one of them!

Steve in CA

Hello WTC,

Sorry for the late reply, sounds like you must like the ctx if you have two.

I have done most of the things I wanted to the bike like hard bags, rack and sissy bar, break away lock, rear shock preload, usb power port and I just changed all the fluids. I also bought the front for preload adjusters but I still need to install but I will probably wait until the center stand comes and I get it installed to hold the bike up better.

The one big thing I still have to do is to modify the seat for comfort and to sit a little further back so my knees get past the fairing sides. If the corbin wasn't so expensive I would consider that. My other bike is a 2013 cb1100 and I found a new corbin seat for $200 and it is much better than stock.

I bought my bike from a couple in Alameda with around 3,700 miles on it.

Which bike do you like better? I bought mine so I could try out the dct transmission.

Steve