Foot Boards

sweetp58

Hi, just purchased a DCX 700 DCT and would like to replace the foot pegs with foot boards. Has anyone done this and how hard is it? Which ones do you find fit the best? Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

The hardest part will be putting the stock spring back in.

As you dissemble take careful note of how the spring is orientated inside the adapter. I had to snip a little off the long arm to get it to go back in.

Kuryakyn's are awesome. Expensive but worth the comfort. With the boards I can pull my feet back into a true mid position, which is much nicer than being kicked out IMO.

Glen e

I also did the kury’s, with the part numbers listed above, I just forgot about the spring because gravity keeps my floorboards down, they’re so damn heavy. 2000 miles so far no problems. I got the biggest board wo I could get. I also did the extensions to put it down and back a bit. This is an expensive mod, but the quality of materials and fit of the kury’s are excellent.

Floorboard - The Kuryakin 8815 adapter and 4357 floorboard -... 8837 is 2”ext......

Last edited:

casper

That's my setup as well. No spring either. Couldn't get it back in. It's fine without them. My extensions forward slashes to bring the front a tad closer to the brake. That's the beauty of the adapters.

I don't know how the floorboards are on a CTX, but I sat on an NM4/Vultus and as soon as me feet were on the floorboards I thought "wow, this is soooo comfortable, why haven't I experienced this in the last 45 years?"

MJC

Super Moderator
View attachment 866
Can not see them too good but I have the same floorboards and added highway pegs off the floorboards (chrome, was all they had).