Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, where is everybody?

Not much activity lately.
    It's still winter for many so not much riding, I guess.
    It's good riding for some though.
    So, why is everything quiet?
    I ride 2-3 times a week. My CTX is gone but I'm enjoying the heck out of my CB500X.
    Nice weather, not much rain, temps high 70s to mid 80s.
    Perfect.
    What's your excuse ?
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

2. Likes kujawskir liked this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    You're right about some of us not riding. I haven't ridden Flicker since September. It stinks.

Nothing new going bike-wise, either. I have my MadStad kickstand pad to install someday. And I got a combo tank bag / map case I will test out some day and report on.

Enjoy your warm weather, and hit a few curves for me.

It's snowing as I write this. And we're due for a second storm tomorrow. And another by Wednesday.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

I haven't ridden since last November. Then, in December, developed a bad case of plantar fasciitis which I'm just now slowly recovering from. That and the cold weather has kept me out of the garage since standing and walking was so difficult. In the last week I have been out working on some mods including wiring for a cooling jacket, floorboard mount modifications, and added an air foil deflector to the windscreen. I will post pictures and a writeup on the floorboard mods when complete. I'm riding to Daytona Bike week on Wednesday. I plan to be there for six days then going to The Villages to visit with one of my Uncles before heading back to Louisville on Saturday.

I bought my CTX at the beginning of last August, but due to having to deal with my mom's estate, only got a few rides in before the cold weather arrived. I'm hopeful that once the estate gets settled, I'll be doing a lot more riding this year. That's the plan, anyway. In the meantime, I've purchased a windshield extender and dash display protector which I'll have to install. I'm also waiting on having Seth Laam redo my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrandmont View Post
    I bought my CTX at the beginning of last August, but due to having to deal with my mom's estate, only got a few rides in before the cold weather arrived. I'm hopeful that once the estate gets settled, I'll be doing a lot more riding this year. That's the plan, anyway. In the meantime, I've purchased a windshield extender and dash display protector which I'll have to install. I'm also waiting on having Seth Laam redo my seat.

Sorry for your loss. May God strengthen and comfort you and yours.

Thanks, Novac18.

Hi All, I have been driving (not riding) around looking at motorcycle shops that are for sale. Trying to see if it is better to buy a shop (dealership) or just start from the ground up.

I will have to pick one before the end of March. This way if I start new I will have time to buy bikes and set up shop.

so that is what I have been doing............I see there is a lot of members working on mods, can not wait to see photos and posts on them....

And ofdave is out riding, keep on riding dave!

I'm spending the winter in Hilton Head Is. SC. My riding is limited to piloting my e-bicycle along the bike paths down here. Top speed is 15 mph, but I have to admit, I enjoy not having to look out for cagers on the bike paths, just gators. Just enjoying the scenery and short trips to the Piggly Wiggly.

Heading back north at the end of the month. Will get my CTX out of winter storage, and start on my winter mods. I've been checking the Rochester weather, and I hope the snow will be melted by then.

Ride safe all.
    Professor

Current ride: 2015 Honda CTX700N DCT ABS
    Mods:
    Puig Universal Touring windscreen
    Custom Taylor 33 reflective rim tape
    Corbin standard seat
    Mutazu rear rack assembly
    Effem Tee closet rod mod
    Dream Apparel throw over saddle bags
    Comie top case

Getting ready for Daytona Bikeweek CTX Meetup
    9th Sat at the Honda display at speedway at noon

I'm looking forward to seeing you and maybe some others. I'll be in town on the 7th.