Hello

MrChris

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a 2015 CTX700n with 385 miles on it. In Chicago it's been freezing cold so I'm looking forward to riding it come spring. I currently own three other motorcycles, two 1989 Honda nt650 Hawks and a 2003 Suzuki Savage. I love those Hawks. I've been riding for fifty years plus. My first bike was a BSA m20 500 cc single, British Army surplus. Wish I had kept it. I've owned three BMWs, a r50/5, a r75/6, and a r100/7. I put a lot of miles on the /6, but finally let it go last year. I owned a couple of Yamaha SR500s, and again wish I'd kept of them. I thought that after my BMWs I'd buy a Moto Guzzi and bought a 2003 California, but it was not for me. That was when the Honda Hawks came into the picture. I expect to keep them both.
Now I'm trying the CTX700n. I'm looking for recommendations about wind shields and wind screens, and also I'm hoping to buy some side bags. The Honda OEM ones seem too small at 27 liters. I've purchased a center stand from Webike Japan, and I'm expecting to receive it soon along with a stand stopper.

I'm married. I'm a filmmaker, writer, and retired college professor.

kujawskir

Welcome!
This CTX700 is my first bike, and the best commuter I've ever enjoyed.

I'm using the stock tall windshield with the fairing model. At 5'5" it keeps me dry above the feet/ankles over about 35MPH. I've heard others say the C.E. Bailey shields were better, but they stopped selling them and might not be easy to find.

- Shiny side up,

12MANY

Welcome! I have an N model DCT with a Madstad windshield. Its ok but I am still trying to figure out how to get more wind protection out of it. It does have a nice mounting system that allows you to mount a GPS , cell phone and USB charging ports or whatever else you would like to it. I also have the GIVI E22N side cases on custom brackets I had made to fit. I wanted to keep the rear end as skinny as possible. I prefer the top loading cases vs side loaders. I can access them while sitting on the bike and when you open them all of your stuff doesn’t fall out. Two one gallon milk jugs fit into each one perfectly with room on top. Congrats on your new bike !!!

Woodswoman

Welcome to the site, new member!

For us N-model owners, the most 3 popular choices for wind screens probably are:

(A) From Puig
https://puigusa.com/en/bybike/honda-ctx700n_2014?q=windshield

(B) From MRA
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-touringscreen-windshield-honda-ctx700n-2014-2016

(C) From MadStad
https://madstad.com/collections/honda/products/honda-ctx700n

Items A and B look the most integrated, in my opinion. However, some folks have found them a little small. Either one, I hear, will take the wind blast off your chest. If you want your head out of the wind, too, you may have to add a clip-on windshield deflector, like this:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor
(There are less expensive deflectors you can get from eBay, just FYI.)

Item C is popular with many of us because it can be purchased in different heights and tints, and because it's adjustable. The MadStad isn't perfect for everybody, however.

I had to exchange mine for the next size up in height, then tweak the tilt until I reached my happy place. Love mine now.

These are 3 models that are specifically designed to fit the 700N. You can also consider other manufacturers' universal shields that attach to your handlebars.

Hope this helps, and hope you'll love your CTX as much as I love mine!

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a 2015 CTX700n with 385 miles on it. In Chicago it's been freezing cold so I'm looking forward to riding it come spring. I currently own three other motorcycles, two 1989 Honda nt650 Hawks and a 2003 Suzuki Savage. I love those Hawks. I've been riding for fifty years plus. My first bike was a BSA m20 500 cc single, British Army surplus. Wish I had kept it. I've owned three BMWs, a r50/5, a r75/6, and a r100/7. I put a lot of miles on the /6, but finally let it go last year. I owned a couple of Yamaha SR500s, and again wish I'd kept of them. I thought that after my BMWs I'd buy a Moto Guzzi and bought a 2003 California, but it was not for me. That was when the Honda Hawks came into the picture. I expect to keep them both.
Now I'm trying the CTX700n. I'm looking for recommendations about wind shields and wind screens, and also I'm hoping to buy some side bags. The Honda OEM ones seem too small at 27 liters. I've purchased a center stand from Webike Japan, and I'm expecting to receive it soon along with a stand stopper.

I'm married. I'm a filmmaker, writer, and retired college professor.

Hi Mr. Chris,

I have the N version also. I'm using the Puig touring windscreen, which works well for me.

Shad makes some larger sidebags you may like..They also sell the mounts and extra internal brackets you will need for the N model.

Hope you enjoy this great bike.

By the way, I'm a retired college professor also.:)