Announcing the new Madstad Pad (stand) enlarger

mtvic

As many know, I've been after one of these for the last year. Have done some work with MadStad in the past and they agreed to make one. This is now a completed project and available shortly. The Retail is expected to be $49.95. It will have a Holiday promo discount and Mark said if enough Forum interest he can provide one early for us.

The changes in the final version include:
Thinner bevel at inside of bike line. This is to help "Reverse" tipping or up hill left side of bike
Bike still sits slightly higher (or more level) on flat surface area, doesn't lean as badly
Slight angle on outside area of pad, so if steep down hill side on left of bike it can still lean more, but weight is distributed to a larger area and was lean as far as before
The "spikes" have been designed wider, and the top black bracket extends now slightly over the base making it easy to get a toe on it to pull down (Yes, you can grab in now instead of just the peg extension)
Thinner top line so it won't hit bike when folded up, and easier to get a toe on. The peg is now a little harder to get to alone, but with the teeth, my foot goes to it even better. Personally I had to sometimes look down to find the Peg, was a little tucked under for me, now I find it easily.

You can see pics on the "other" CTX site.

So there you have it. Enjoy, and thank you to all the great guys at MadStad.

ofdave

Good job!
I know they'll be used by many.
Too bad we don't rate seeing the pics here.
Many of us don't care for the "other" place.

mtvic

If this site didn't "rate" I wouldn't post. It's simply too much work to post duplicate info. Besides, the reason most hated the other site was a "R" word and he no longer participates.

Always room for 2 sites, just don't see the need to duplicate if you don't even need to belong or participate to view information.

Woodswoman

I don't need to see photos; I AM IN on this!

Mtvic, please accept my sincere thanks for helping to broker this product's development. I'll be ordering without delay.

Gratefully,
Chris

kujawskir

I still see some of the folks on there who refuse to learn or allow others to help learn, but the tone is better since we've decided not to poke the bears. IMHO, the "R" guy was more helpful and often correct if the loud self proclaimed experts would have listened at face value.

It's a shame this site doesn't have some of the notifications and ease of use features the other forum is built on.

Woodswoman

I still see some of the folks on there who refuse to learn or allow others to help learn, but the tone is better since we've decided not to poke the bears. IMHO, the "R" guy was more helpful and often correct if the loud self proclaimed experts would have listened at face value.

It's a shame this site doesn't have some of the notifications and ease of use features the other forum is built on.

Differences in software version, I'd guess. The chap who puts up this site does it out of the goodness of his heart, and probably has no motivation to upgrade the platform.

Word reached me of the change in tone on the other site, and so I checked it out. The difference is noticeable, and for the good. Not saying it's perfect, but it's better. I've even logged in a couple of times recently and contributed some information -- without being contradicted, which was a nice change of pace! LOL

Anyway, back on topic -- I'm delighted by the availability of this new product!

https://madstad.com/products/honda-ctx-kickstand-shoe

mtvic

And I can attest that it works, or at least for me and and most. There will always be those....

mtvic

Update for those who ordered

Update for those who ordered

Stopped my MadStad this am, he wanted to check mounts on my windshield to see if a new design would work better. While there he thanked us for our initial orders.... and looking at this picture... we weren't the only ones who found it a problem. In the first week of offering he has almost 3 dozen ordered. Some were missing from the pic that we picked up to inspect.

Anyway, yours is in production.

Attachments

• IMG_20181114_093021.jpg
    IMG_20181114_093021.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 182

Woodswoman

And I can attest that it works, or at least for me and and most. There will always be those....

Indeed. I posted a link to the product in 2 Facebook groups for CTX700 owners. The majority of people who responded were delighted, but there were several who can't see that this product will be enough of an improvement over, say, a flattened tin can to make it worth the price.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

randy1149

Would that foot bring the bike up more to center, increasing the ease of falling over? I say that because on a level ground standing on the left side you can make the bike fall to the right just by shaking the seat back an forth.

Woodswoman

Here are some pictures of the MadStad kickstand pad extender.

At its thickest point, it's less than 1/2 of an inch.

However, you'll notice it is tapered, getting thinner toward the rear ...

... where the bottom of the kickstand fits into it. And I do mean 'into it,' as there is a recessed space to accommodate the stock kickstand pad.

Hope this helps.

12MANY

Without the shoe I have 7.5 degree lean and with the shoe I have 6 degrees. So it does stand the bike up slightly but it is less than the kickstand pad I have been using with no problem and I don't have to go back and retrieve it because I forgot to pick it up when I left. This measurement is dependent on the squat of my suspension on the stand so your experience may be different.Withoutshoe[1].jpg
Withshoe[1].jpg:cool:

Woodswoman

My 2 cents' worth, before taxes:

I installed this kickstand pad enlarger last weekend. It took about 10 minutes for me to put it on, most of which was spent looking in Mike's tool sets for the correct size of hex driver. I didn't discover that MadStad included a suitable Allen wrench until I was finished. <Blush>

Two rides to work this week -- finally! what a yucky spring -- and I'm a satisfied customer.

To me it feels like the bike sits more securely. I do not find the slightly reduced lean angle to be worrisome, and indeed I prefer it. The addition by MadStad of a serrated edge to facilitate catching the kickstand with a boot heel is a thoughtful touch of engineering.

I like the pad enlarger, and after 5 years of using a flattened metal can, it's a welcome upgrade. It isn't cheap, but it also isn't cheap (if you follow me).

Last edited: