New steed...

rickster

After putting 46K on the CTX in the past 3 years, I'm riding off into the sunset on my new BMW R1200RT. I enjoyed the CTX a lot and my wife and I have our memory banks filled with the good times we had while touring together on it. But, while the Honda did well in the mountains that we ride in, the power loss at altitude at times was a bit much riding two-up. The BMW, in terms of both suspension and wind protection gives hope that future tours will be even more comfortable than what we had on the CTX. The extra liters of storage space are going to come in handy too when we want to be out for awhile.

I've enjoyed your stories, your photographs, your technical expertise, riding tips and help while I've owned the Honda. Thanks to you all...
rick

R1200RT at Coloma-IMG_0003.jpg

Woodswoman

That's a gorgeous machine, Rick. Best of luck with it!

You know you don't need to leave the group, right? You can swing back and tell us what you've learned on the new bike, how you like it, etc.

Radiomerchant

Beautiful Rick. Wonderful color on that bike. I’m sure you two are going to enjoy every mile. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickster

That's a gorgeous machine, Rick. Best of luck with it!

You know you don't need to leave the group, right? You can swing back and tell us what you've learned on the new bike, how you like it, etc.

Thanks Woodswoman...I'm a short guy with a 29" inseam, so the first thing I'm learning on the new bike is to stop "en pointe"! So far...so good.

Beautiful Rick. Wonderful color on that bike. I’m sure you two are going to enjoy every mile. Congratulations!

I've enjoyed everyone of the 1,012 miles in the past 5 days and hope to just keep going. Funny about the color. I wear a white helmet too. So, being that the California Highway Patrol R1200RT-P's look almost identical to mine when glancing up to a car's rear-view mirror, I've discovered that I have quite an impact on traffic speed. Makes it easy to get by...

Last edited:

Radiomerchant

Thanks Woodswoman...I'm a short guy with a 29" inseam, so the first thing I'm learning on the new bike is to stop "en pointe"! So far...so good.

I've enjoyed everyone of the 1,012 miles in the past 5 days and hope to just keep going. Funny about the color. I wear a white helmet too. So, being that the California Highway Patrol R1200RT-P's look almost identical to mine when glancing up to a car's rear-view mirror, I've discovered that I have quite an impact on traffic speed. Makes it easy to get by...

Yup all you need are some Blue Lights. You will definitely get lots of second looks. Even though mine is Blue , I still get a lot of double takes when coming up on someone. Very distinctive profile. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12MANY

Beautiful bike, great color choice. Like the old saying goes “ Use the right tool for the right job” and that is the right tool for the type of riding you all do. Better wind protection, suspension and oh yah double the horsepower and torque of the CTX. The contrast between riding the two bikes must put a huge smile on your face every time you get on it. Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!