Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York

DCT coming to the Honda Fury?

Well, well, well.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...-transmission/

Although I love the idea, I can't see this selling well in the 'states, where so many riders refuse to buck tradition. One hopes the Mothership can make money off it elsewhere around the globe.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

How can we tell them to get rid of that shaft? I sat on a legacy Fury and loved it, told the dealer that shaft is a deal-breaker for me. I can't stand knowing the engine produces somewhere near 80-90% more power and I only get about 30% more of what the Honda site calls "massive torque" - not to mention 45 MPG is available in a cage with a trunk and 4 usable seats.

That same 1300+ cc engine with a belt can do more power on less gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kujawskir View Post
    How can we tell them to get rid of that shaft? I sat on a legacy Fury and loved it, told the dealer that shaft is a deal-breaker for me. I can't stand knowing the engine produces somewhere near 80-90% more power and I only get about 30% more of what the Honda site calls "massive torque" - not to mention 45 MPG is available in a cage with a trunk and 4 usable seats.

That same 1300+ cc engine with a belt can do more power on less gas.
    I don't think that Honda will ever do a toothed belt on their bikes.
    Former rides: 1955 Triumph 150cc Tiger Cub; 1959 98cc Moto Parilla; 1948 Harley 80ci FL police model; 1964 Honda 250cc CB72; 1991 1200cc Sportster trike; 2006 Hyosung GV650 trike; 1982 Honda SilverWing GL500i trike
    Currently: 2014 Honda CTX700 trike

Quote Originally Posted by BobWitte View Post
    I don't think that Honda will ever do a toothed belt on their bikes.
    Sadly, I agree.

But electrics are becoming so prolific even at prices higher than the energy savings that most companies are joining the band-wagon. The first models to suffer won't be the 70+ MPH CTX700 or the luxury couch on two wheels, it will be those gorgeous fun-loving midpower cruisers using less power than they make.

If we could only change their mind before they lose the market? Or find space on the cruiser frame for the batteries needed to run electric?

I still want a Fury, but I want the full power it creates because if I pull that trigger is has to be fun carving canyons and taking off uphill.