DCT coming to the Honda Fury?

kujawskir

How can we tell them to get rid of that shaft? I sat on a legacy Fury and loved it, told the dealer that shaft is a deal-breaker for me. I can't stand knowing the engine produces somewhere near 80-90% more power and I only get about 30% more of what the Honda site calls "massive torque" - not to mention 45 MPG is available in a cage with a trunk and 4 usable seats.

That same 1300+ cc engine with a belt can do more power on less gas.

BobWitte

How can we tell them to get rid of that shaft? I sat on a legacy Fury and loved it, told the dealer that shaft is a deal-breaker for me. I can't stand knowing the engine produces somewhere near 80-90% more power and I only get about 30% more of what the Honda site calls "massive torque" - not to mention 45 MPG is available in a cage with a trunk and 4 usable seats.

That same 1300+ cc engine with a belt can do more power on less gas.

I don't think that Honda will ever do a toothed belt on their bikes.

kujawskir

I don't think that Honda will ever do a toothed belt on their bikes.

Sadly, I agree.

But electrics are becoming so prolific even at prices higher than the energy savings that most companies are joining the band-wagon. The first models to suffer won't be the 70+ MPH CTX700 or the luxury couch on two wheels, it will be those gorgeous fun-loving midpower cruisers using less power than they make.

If we could only change their mind before they lose the market? Or find space on the cruiser frame for the batteries needed to run electric?

I still want a Fury, but I want the full power it creates because if I pull that trigger is has to be fun carving canyons and taking off uphill.