CTX700 manual 6 speed.

SS2wheels

Hi all, I have been riding 44 years and have owned about 50 bikes since the age of 16. I am getting weaker with age and the old back ain't what it used to be so in looking for a lighter bike I sat on a 700 at the local dealer and had to have one.I found a 2014 on CL with 2500 miles and now the candy red beauty is in the garage where the HD used to be...

BobWitte

Welcome to our world! To increase our enjoyment of your future posts, you should put your location (city/state) in your profile.

fergy

Welcome! I have a 2014 Candy Red DCT faired model and it puts a smile on my face with every ride and every time I see it in the garage. Enjoy!

Woodswoman

Welcome, new member! Pull up a chair; beer's in the fridge.

Hope you'll love your CTX as much as I love mine.

Spirit 4

I have have the same bike a 2014-6spd-red since September 2015 and now have 5,300 miles on it! It is technically my first MC and couldn't be happier with it! BTW I am now 73! The weight, the speed, 67mpg and looks all keep me smiling!

Jimmy

kujawskir

Welcome,
Hope it gets you through many years of enjoyment.

At 53 yrs old I got this 2014 CTX700 6 speed manual as my first bike ever in late 2016 and it's the best commuting vehicle I've ever had. I like getting 56 to 60 MPG in the city and 70 MPG on the mountain, and the full fairing with tall stock shield keeps me mostly dry above 35 MPH because I'm only 5'5.

Some have said a new seat from Corbin or Seth Lamb or your local seat maker can help prevent back issues. Some said they could not ride this bike with stock seat more than an hour and the new seat gave lets them ride all day. My wife and I are fine for a few hours but still getting a new seat. It's on the top of our list after the 17+ yr old carpet gets replaced.

Chill Will

Welcome, ss2wheels. This is a particularly friendly forum w very helpful people aboard. Similar tale here: lifelong motorcyclist on a host of different machines, have in my dotage developed arthritis and pulling a clutch in traffic is no fun. My 2014, red, faired, dct is just what the doctor ordered !!
Have fun....

roseberj

My only previous bike was a Suzuki GS550 about 30 yrs. ago. Now I'm 64 and just got a 2014 Red CTX manual 6 spd:) All is good...

burdicda

65 yrs old
Riding for over 50 yrs
Probably about 20+ different bikes from Wren Microcycle back in early 60s to Harley to Goldwing and now
2016 CTX700 DCT with fairing around 8500 miles on it...haven't ridden nearly as much as I'd like to but lots of fun
I loaded mine up with a ton of mods and rode it to Washington DC and back down to the Space Center in Florida down through
Blue Ridge Parkway....wow loved it...

http://www.greenknights36.com/gallery3/index.php/My-CTX-So-Far

http://www.greenknights36.com/gallery3/index.php/History

http://www.greenknights36.com/gallery3/index.php/Blue-Ridge-Parkway-ride-2017-CTX700

Last edited: