Running light power source

thomphoto

Will the heated grip connection in the front be able to power some small running lights? I have a voltage meter conncted to it now.

randy1149

You can draw up to 7.5 amps (90 watts). But if you need you could probably put a 10 amp fuse in and get away with it... but thats is high as I'd go.

mtvic

I'd suggest going straight to battery and if you want them always on, use a relay. If you want control, put a waterproof switch on dash right below speaker grill covers. Switch's are about a $1 on Ebay.

With the added wiring it will be easy to add other accessories by tying into it.

Glen e

If you use running lights that are LED, you can go ahead and attach it to the heated grips, there's very little drain or stress with an LED. Make sure you fuse that wire with a 5a fuse on the pos wire.

thomphoto

Thanks to all. I think I will run straight to battery and trigger a relay with the heated grip connection, and add a waterproof switch on the speaker panel. Might add a power block while I'm at it.
I've just had my ctx for a few weeks. Bought a used 2017 with 321 miles and a new full year warranty. This forum has been a great source of info.