Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ruminations...

Ruminations...

Nothing going on except I learned that the subframe holding up the engine in my Honda car is in real bad shape and it would cost thousands to fix it, so I bought a different car. It's a 2016 Honda Accord 2 door with 12k miles on it. The cost... $14,800. I think that is a good price for basically a new car. The sticker price on it was about $25k when new. That said...

I took it for a ride following one of the short trips I often take on my CTX. It's about 30 miles. The car averaged 36.5 mpg, not bad huh? The problem was that the ride was rather boring compared to riding the bike. Thank the heavens for motorcycles to spice one's life up with! I still love my CTX!

Here's the car if you're interested...

Name:  Honda Accord Driveway.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  98.8 KB

2. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Nice-looking car! I think the Accord looks exceptionally good as a two door.

It's a time for new vehicles. Yesterday Mike closed the deal on a 2014 CTX1300 Deluxe with fewer than 4,500 miles on it. Could prove to be an expensive "oops," or it might take the "ho hum" out of 2 wheels for him. Fingers crossed.

Not getting rid of his 2011 Vulcan Vaquero, though. He still loves it.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

Keep us up to date after he gets a few miles on the CTX1300.

5. Likes Woodswoman liked this post

Thanks, btw, it has a manual transmission which I really like. My last 2 Honda's had manuals too. Together they lasted about 30 years. I sold the last one to a mechanic who is going to fix the sub frame and give it to his wife to drive so it should still be around for at least another 10 years. I doubt I outlive this new one.

My car is a manual, my bike an automatic... How odd is that?

I wish the car had the DCT tranny. I love that thing! I've driven cars with the CVT tranny and they're not as fun to drive as a manual.

8. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    Can't go wrong with Honda - I expect many more miles out of my "new" 2014 CTX700 with only 3500 mi. I'm 64, so I may eventually look for a DCT option

Looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberj View Post
    Can't go wrong with Honda - I expect many more miles out of my "new" 2014 CTX700 with only 3500 mi. I'm 64, so I may eventually look for a DCT option
    I still love the DCT. I only have 24k+ miles on it, but I never regret buying it. I did get blown away by a big BMW the other day, but that's okay. I got to ride longer and isn't that the point?