Corbin Seat

12MANY

I was looking at CTX parts on EBay and found this Corbin standard seat with back rest for $375.00, like new , free freight from NY. I did the math and bought it before it disappeared. Of coarse now the bars are a little farther away and the Madstad a little shorter but boy is it so much more comfortable than the stock seat. I think I will experiment with a set of Rox Risers to see if I can get it set up just perfect. I wasn’t crazy about the fancy red stitching but the quality of the carbon fiber vinyl is excellent. Red usually turns to pink under the Florida sun over time. Thanks to everyone that responded to my seat questions in the past!!!IMG_1085.jpg
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg

MJC

Super Moderator
I like it, maybe put a red line on your wheels? Goes nice with black. Good luck and happy riding.

12MANY

For anyone considering the Corbin standard seat with back rest this is what worked for me @ 5’11’’ 32’’ inseam. To be able to use the back rest and not be hunched over to reach the bars I added a set of Rox Risers laid all the way back under the Madstad windshield bracket to get the max 2’’pull back that the length of the brake line would stretch. I posted this with pic’s under another thread and think the risers are absolutely necessary to place your ass in the spot where Corbin designed it to be at least on the used seat I bought. http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637&highlight=risers . I didn’t measure the distance before I installed the risers but from the back of the seat to the ends of the bars is now about 26’’. I can now use the entire length of the seat. Scoot all the way up to the tank when things get dicey and slide all the way back and relax. The 22’’ Madstad shield was now lower than I would like so I removed the 2 bottom bolts on the shield slider brackets and raised the shield to where I wanted it and drilled new holes for the bottom bolts which turned out to be around 1’’ above original. Tested at 75 MPH I could not tell any difference from stock setting. The windshield bracket is very well designed and handled the modification with no problem. Honda claims OEM seat height is 28’’ and I come up with around 29 ½’’ with the Corbin. Fold up some towels and bungee cord them to the seat to replicate the height and try it out before you spend the money. It is a noticeable difference but I like it where I feel I have more control over the bike. I come from a dirt bike riding background and have a KLR 650 in the stable so being more on top of the bike makes me feel more at home. CORBINROX1.jpg
SEAT HEIGHT1.jpg
shield raise1.jpg