Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First bike picture 2018

Nothing going on... just the first bike picture for this year...

Name:  Firdst bike picture  small.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  97.6 KB

2. Likes Radiomerchant, 12MANY, Woodswoman liked this post
    Hey, the more posts the better!!! I always see more people subscribing to the site but never post. Your seat looks very custom. Can you tell me more about it? It looks very comfortable.
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

Here you have a pick from

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

5. Likes 12MANY, Woodswoman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12MANY View Post
    Hey, the more posts the better!!! I always see more people subscribing to the site but never post. Your seat looks very custom. Can you tell me more about it? It looks very comfortable.
    It's a Russel Day Long seat. The stock seat was good for maybe 200 miles non stop, this RDL seat is good for the entire trip. I've only ridden several 500 miles nonstops with the RDL, but I never gave my butt a second thought. What's different about the RDL seat compared to the rest is that they install metal brackets to allow the seat to be wider than normal. I also installed highway pegs which allow me to change my seating position when I want. I can't stress this enough, but the seat "with" the highway pegs creates a very comfortable riding position. At the end of the day, I feel just as I did at the beginning, no pain and no discomfort.

I can tell you this... A good seat is worth it regardless of the cost.

RicardoAS - Looking good!

7. Thanks 12MANY thanked for this post
    I am 5’11” with a 22” Madstad shield, floor boards and a Beadrider seat top that keeps my butt a little cooler. Problem is I sit more on the slope of the seat. The Corbin seat and possibly the Russel appear raise the seat height to move you back and over the hump. I am afraid it will make the shield that is adjusted all the way up too short for me. I think I will bungee cord some padding to the top of seat and test out the higher seat height.
    Name:  SEAT1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  96.6 KB
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

I am 511 with a 22 Madstad shield, floor boards and a Beadrider seat top that keeps my butt a little cooler. Problem is I sit more on the slope of the seat. The Corbin seat and possibly the Russel appear raise the seat height to move you back and over the hump. I am afraid it will make the shield that is adjusted all the way up too short for me. I think I will bungee cord some padding to the top of seat and test out the higher seat height.
    We're about the same height and I had the same concerns you did. Remember, these seats are custom so you can have them made the way you want. It's not only the thickness that makes these seats comfortable it's the way they redistribute your weight onto your thighs. The foam on the RDL has compressed since I first got it and I do sit a little lower than when new. RDL requires that you give it time for this to happen and then they will adjust the seat if you ask. I have a 32 inch inseam and I can sit flat footed on the bike without stretching my legs.

Years ago I bought another custom seat and while it looked cushy, it was rather firm, but it worked perfectly. Not one complaint on long trips. BTW, that company moved to Florida about 180 miles from your location. It's called Diamond seats. Their work back then was excellent.

http://diamondseats.com/

It's up to you but valour seats will be better in the Florida sun. They don't get so hot, but you will need a seat cover for when it rains.

10. Thanks 12MANY thanked for this post
    Just finished my first spring mod, and I'm happy with the CustomTaylor33 reflective rim tape. Should help visibility. Installation pretty straight forward, helped by the little wheel cleaning stand. Hope the pics post correctly...sunlight, dusk, and dark.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Professor*76; 04-22-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Professor

Current ride: 2015 Honda CTX700N DCT ABS
    Mods:
    Puig Universal Touring windscreen
    Custom Taylor 33 reflective rim tape
    Corbin standard seat
    Mutazu rear rack assembly
    Effem Tee closet rod mod
    Dream Apparel throw over saddle bags and Nomad trunk bag

12. Likes Woodswoman, 12MANY liked this post
    I am 5’11” with a 22” Madstad shield, floor boards and a Beadrider seat top that keeps my butt a little cooler. Problem is I sit more on the slope of the seat. The Corbin seat and possibly the Russel appear raise the seat height to move you back and over the hump. I am afraid it will make the shield that is adjusted all the way up too short for me. I think I will bungee cord some padding to the top of seat and test out the higher seat height.
    Name:  SEAT1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  96.6 KB
    I'm about 6' 2" and have a 32" inseam. When I first got my bike I put a 20" Madstad windshield on it which turned out to be too short. However, I waited before replacing it since I knew I was going to be putting a Corbin seat on it and wasn't sure the 22" was going to be enough or if I was going to have to talk to Madstad about having a bigger one custom made. When I finally decided to replace my 20" I noticed that Madstad offers a 24" and a 28" replacement windshields for the CTX. I got the 24" and it has worked out great. I ride with it almost all the way up.
    2015 CTX700ND
    Madstad Windshield
    Corbin Standard Seat
    Hepco and Becker center stand
    Fehling Crash bars
    Breakaway Throttle Lock
    Hepco and Becker Lock-it side carrier
    Hepco and Becker 42L Journey side cases
    Hepco and Becker Sissy bar and back rack

14. Thanks 12MANY thanked for this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    I like it, Prof!!
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

They really shine too....