A newbie from mid-Mo

Saxman

Howdy everyone
Retired guy here returning to the wonderful world of biking after some years away trying to be a mature and responsible adult. I will pause here while my family laughs hysterically.
Just purchased a ctx700n and could not be more pleased. Looking forward to visiting with and learning from all of the great folks here!

randy1149

Welcome Saxman. Congratulations on your new CTX, it's a perfect selection for people with your riding history.

Don't be shy here, lots of very well informant people to help. Take some pix of your bike and post them in the gallery. Any tech questions just ask.

Welcome again.

Saxman

So happy to be here

Welcome Saxman. Congratulations on your new CTX, it's a perfect selection for people with your riding history.

Don't be shy here, lots of very well informant people to help. Take some pix of your bike and post them in the gallery. Any tech questions just ask.

Welcome again.

Thanks for the warm welcome Randy!
I've been accused of a few things in my life but shy ain't one of them.
I look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts and learning some valuable info.

BobWitte

Welcome from the land of 330 riding days. I suggest that you list your location (city/state is enough) so if you get stuck on something one of us can volunteer to come over and help. Or better yet, meet up for joint riding sessions. :D

Welcome Saxman from a fellow retiree.....there are many of us here. Hope you enjoy this forum. I know you'll enjoy your CTX700N.

MJC

Super Moderator
".............................trying to be a mature and responsible adult." Sure, if you are anything like me, should go on to say, " But I will never grow up!"

Let the family laugh! Life is too short, live, laugh, love, ride. When my 3 kids where small my wife would say she had 4 kids. Now she says she has 3 kids, 8 grand kids and one Big Old Kid (me). My kids and grand kids all agree with my wife. It is the one thing we all agree on!

Welcome to the forum, post away!
mj

Saxman

Welcome, from another N-model owner.

Pull up a chair; beer's in the 'fridge. :)

Welcome from the land of 330 riding days. I suggest that you list your location (city/state is enough) so if you get stuck on something one of us can volunteer to come over and help. Or better yet, meet up for joint riding sessions. :D

Thanks for the howdy, Bob! Wow, 330 riding days! I am eat up with jealousy! I'm in Jefferson City Mo where we have been known to wipe sleet out of our eyes while celebrating Mayday. Also appreciate the help offer. The same goes from this end. Shout if I can be of service!

Saxman

Thanks MJC! It is comforting to know there others like me out there who are maturity-impaired!
It's like I told a friend not long ago, I tried being serious once. It was for about 20 minutes in the eighties.
It didn't work out.

Saxman

Thanks Professor! Retirement suits me, as I have been fighting a severe case of chronic laziness for as long as I can remember!
I decided to go with the N version so I could dress it to suit me.

kujawskir

I tried being serious once. It was for about 20 minutes in the eighties.

Welcome!
One of my favorite shirts was a gift from the kids, it says "Great Father, cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

No, at this point my biggest problem with the CTX700 is trying to find Heelys with enough ankle support to double as riding boots.

Saxman

I know exactly what you mean. If I could find the right shoes and then convince the weatherman that it's actually supposed to be spring I will have conquered some major life issues!

12MANY

Welcome Saxman from another N model owner. Look forward to your posts and pictures. Its always nice to see what other people are doing with their rides.

Saxman

Welcome Saxman from another N model owner. Look forward to your posts and pictures. Its always nice to see what other people are doing with their rides.

Thanks for the welcome 12MANY!
As I mentioned earlier, like many in this forum I bought the N so I could trick it out to suit me.
Helped by the valuable info from the great posts here, I have so far installed the mini boards, the Fehling backrest with rack and carry bag, and the Madstad arrives tomorrow. As soon as I can wrap my feeble mind around the photo upload process, I will post some progress-so-far pics.
Ride safely and often!

Last edited:

12MANY

I keep waiting to post pic’s because I always have something in the works and I want to wait till its done to capture it but it is never done!!! I would say half of the enjoyment of owning the bike is finding people who have figured out how to add to the bike to make it their own. I just posted a couple of pics in the gallery for the first time and it is not so hard you just have to enable JAVA to unlock the upload button. I would advise that the first thing you should invest in is the shop manual. The bike is so easy to maintain yourself you can save hundreds of dollars doing the maintenance yourself and know it was done right. This is where I got mine and it was worth every penny. http://www.service-shop-repair-manu...-700-part-61mjf04-service-shop-repair-manual/

Saxman

Thanks for the link 12MANY. Having owned a few bikes in my colorful past I am fortunate to be able to do a lot of the work already, so investing in the shop manual seems like a logical next step.

Last edited: