What happened here? ? ? ?

ponydrvr

I have to admit to riding yestyerday just a little bit. It was my first ride in over 4 months and was only 140 miles. It was a sunny, beautiful day, and 80 degree temps. It felt so good to be back in the saddle. A N D, the CTX ran just as well as it did before I parked it last fall.

pipster326

Same here, Wednesday it reached a record 80 degrees,in north Jersey. Took the ctx for a nice ride, it felt really good. I also mounted some auxiliary driving lights. I will takes some pics and post them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glen e

Another midnight ride along the beach from pompano to deerfield beach last night, zero bugs, no traffic & 75 degrees....love riding the beach late night, a1a actually has some nice curves. Spent my whole life riding in pa and ohio, florida is not so nice on many things, but winter climate isn't one of them.

Last edited:

randy1149

Another midnight ride along the beach from pompano to deerfield beach last night, zero bugs, no traffic & 75 degrees....love riding the beach late night, a1a actually has some nice curves. Spent my whole life riding in pa and ohio, florida is not so nice on many things, but winter climate isn't one of them.

July and August are not one of Florida's strong motorcycle riding activities.

Glen e

Not me, with a good flow thru mesh jacket, I'm perfectly fine, i do the 200 mile ft laud to sarasota run via okechobee about every 3 weeks to see my college roommate who's terminal on chemo. The key is to keep moving, urban traffic is not Suggested....Lol....I actually find the humidity and heat of the NE worse than fla many times in the summer. We have breeze down here all year long, due to jet stream.

PS.... the joe rocket honda vbr jacket has fantastic summer flow thru, more than my other 3 jackets, by far....

Last edited:

12MANY

Roger that!!! I consider July and August like winter up north. Run the AC instead of heat 24-7 and stay indoors as much as possible. It’s really not so much the heat and stifling humidity but the 60% chance of rain and lightning every single day. Where I live if I get out and back before 12 noon I can miss the rain most of the time. I also grew up in Pa. about 30 miles north of Morganton WV. and miss having the thousands of miles of back roads to explore and the ability to comfortably wear all of the safety gear I probably should be wearing.

randy1149

Not me, with a good flow thru mesh jacket, I'm perfectly fine, i do the 200 mile ft laud to sarasota run via okechobee about every 3 weeks to see my college roommate who's terminal on chemo. The key is to keep moving, urban traffic is not Suggested....Lol....I actually find the humidity and heat of the NE worse than fla many times in the summer. We have breeze down here all year long, due to jet stream.

PS.... the joe rocket honda vbr jacket has fantastic summer flow thru, more than my other 3 jackets, by far....

I have a mesh jacket also. A 95 degree w/ 90% humidity "breeze" is not my cup of tea for MC riding. I guess you have to get "acclimated" to get used to it. But when I'm in Florida in the summer it is brutal for me. Stop of a red light on a MC is unbearable... I'll stay up north.