Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

corbin seat and back rest 700D

anybody running one review,s like,s or dislike,s

Quote Originally Posted by ron gerhart View Post
    anybody running one review,s like,s or dislike,s
    Check out the Forum section Ron, or use the search function for the Corbin seat. You will find several threads discussing this seat.

We'd be happy to hear of your experience with the seat if you have installed one.
    Last edited by Professor*76; 02-11-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Professor

Current ride: 2015 Honda CTX700N DCT ABS
    Mods:
    Puig Universal Touring windscreen
    Custom Taylor 33 reflective rim tape
    Corbin standard seat
    Mutazu rear rack assembly
    Effem Tee closet rod mod
    Dream Apparel throw over saddle bags and Nomad trunk bag

I had a Corbin seat on my Nomad, and loved it. I have a ctx700 2014, on the 2015 the factory seat is about 1" closer to handlebars. So I asked Corbin to make me a seat, and asked then where the backrest would be, like the 2014 or closer like the 2015, said I wanted it back like the 2014. Corbin sent the seat, and the backrest was too close, guess was they made it like the stock 2015 seat, it was also 2" higher then stock. Too high for me and the backrest made me feel pushed forward. I sent it back with photos and asked them to remake it.

They sent me the lower corbin, which was about the same height has the stock seat, but still the backrest was too close. The seat had a pocket that you sat in, which with the backrest, I felt like I was on the (fake) gas tank, no room for the boys, if you know what I mean. I sent it back. And they did not try to adjust it just refunded my cash.

I ended up making a custom seat, using a old Corbin seat I had, used the backrest part and put it into a new pan, making the seat 4" wider, added the padding etc, and a Corbin backrest. I asked Corbin if I was to send it to them, would they like to see how it was made, and they could use it to make seats for them to sell. All I asked in return was for them to make a nicer cover for my seat. Corbin said NO.

I am fine with the seat I made but after dealing with Corbin I would not buy a seat from them again. I had got maybe 5 seats from them before this one.

If I had to buy a seat today, I would go with Day Long, they make a seat based on you, your size, and where you want to sit on that seat. Only $200 more then Corbin and it is a custom made for you seat.

Depending why you want a new seat, you could mod your factory seat, or make your own, for $100 to $150. It is not that hard if you reuse the cover. If you do not need a backrest, Take the cover off, remove the padding, there is a hump when sitting on the bike, just about at your tail bone, cut that out of the pan, fill in with thin metal, add padding in that spot, put the stock padding back on, cover and go for a ride. 90% of the CTX700 seats that I have fixed, that did the trick. If not cut out the soft padding, about 1" deep, get 1" thick padding that is more firm, (like Corbin uses) add that in, shape it, and recover with stock cover. Should be good to go. Now if you need a backrest, that can be done but it will cost you $200 more, and you will need to re-make a new cover, at that point go with Day Long, has the cost will be about the same.

just my 2 cents, mj

4. Thanks 12MANY thanked for this post
    I have the corbin(high) and very satisfied. It took about 1000 miles to get it broke in and perfect. I have had a few Sargent seats in the past and the Corbin fits better:
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

thank,s guy,s such a great forum

Nice lookin bike Glen e

What are the bags and where'd ya get em....for $$
    Model #'s ... Pelican ???

http://www.caseclub.com/CC130963ISK.htm
    John’s brackets from “other site”
    Carbon fiber wrap and Honda badge added....wrap matches 2 other places I have it on the bike.
    Last edited by Glen e; 02-12-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

I have the Corbin standard of high seat. I've got about 10000 miles on it and I like it a lot. I just added the back rest and was able to take it out for a ride with it today. I believe it is going to work out just fine. Best of luck with your ride.Name:  Personnal-7302.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  100.5 KBName:  Personnal-7298.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  97.0 KB
    2015 CTX700ND
    Madstad Windshield
    Corbin Standard Seat
    Hepco and Becker center stand
    Fehling Crash bars
    Breakaway Throttle Lock
    Hepco and Becker Lock-it side carrier
    Hepco and Becker 42L Journey side cases
    Hepco and Becker Sissy bar and back rack

10. Likes Woodswoman, Professor*76 liked this post
    I could sell you my corbin backrest. I took it around the block once and never used it again. Send me a PM if interested.

It's a good backrest but my back arches a lot and it doesn't make contact while I'm holding the bars.

Gents very nice with the saddle bags. As you know if you drop the bike the saddle bags are the first thing to hit the ground... and that's not good. Here's a post (LINK) installing rear guards that will protect the bags and get them from TRex Racing (LINK).
    Last edited by randy1149; 02-21-2018 at 12:46 PM.