Lane changing auto shut-off?

Spirit 4

I just watched a video of an install of the STS add-on at "TwoWheelObsession" here is his link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyp2URmua0 I then went to the STS website to check out the compatibility with my CTXN and according to the website it is a good match. They currently have a good inventory and the unit is marked down from $149 to $99. It would be great to have that blinker turn off on it's own! Here is the link to the STS site and by the way they also have an install video! https://www.safer-turn.com/us/

Jimmy H.
AKA Spirit 4

MJC

Super Moderator
Thanks for the post Jimmy H., I watched the video and ordered the STS add-on. I like the auto turn off when switching lanes, hope that part of the system works on my bike.

Came to $103.85 the company is in Slovenia. Not sure how long it will be for shipping time, but shipping was free.

I looked up Slovenia, and it is just South of Austria and West of Italy. They make a lot of products there and (funny) you can even get a mail order bride. Or so I heard, lol.

mj

BTW, The owner of the company rides a Honda Africa Twin, so I am sure that it will work on our CTX700's.

Last edited:

Spirit 4

I did write the company and they confirmed by email that the STS unit was compatible with my 2014 CTX700N! I may order it too! I did buy a "Gear Indicator" which came from England and it arrived more quickly than many items I ordered in the US!

Jimmy H.

Woodswoman

I looked up Slovenia, and it is just South of Austria and West of Italy.

Slovenia is one of my absolute favorite European countries. Been there 4 times now. It's got a little bit of everything: Some sea coast (along the Adriatic), gorgeous mountains (Julian alps), beautiful countryside out towards Hungary, and rich, interesting culture. Lovely people, good (but not great) beer, and surprisingly tasty wines.

If you want to spend some time in a simple but immaculate pension, tucked away in God's country: www.Bohinj-hotel.com *Highly* recommended!

fergy

Looking forward to hearing how this works on the CTX. I think if anyone can get this working on a bike it is MJC. Keep us posted

MJC

Super Moderator
hey, MJC
get a new map, Slovenia is east of Italy

Yep, you are right, what was I thinking..lol. Map was fine, it was me, looking at the map with my backwards mind...lol...hay do not laugh, ok go ahead......lol!

MJC

Super Moderator
Looking forward to hearing how this works on the CTX. I think if anyone can get this working on a bike it is MJC. Keep us posted

I hope so, hay did you read, I could not even read the map right!
I will keep everyone posted, I may need all your help..lol.

MJC

Super Moderator
Great Jimmy H, So we will have the STS going on a DCT full fairing model and a Ctx700 N 6 Speed. So we will have everyone covered for install info.

casper

I'll watch for further news on this. It'd be a nice feature. I'm training myself to finish turn hit them off. I'm a slow learner though, it appears. Or a lousy teacher.

MJC

Super Moderator
update; today I got the unit in the mail. Very fast shipping. Looking at it, it looks well made, small, about 1/2 the size of a zippo lighter, but 2 times as thick.

install will have to wait, snow for the next few days, cold after that.

so far, looks to be a good company.

mj

Spirit 4

I often forget, but I don't think more time on the bike will change that! The "Twowheelobession" guy that told me about and thanked a viewer for reminding him his turn signal stayed on way too long on some of his YouTube videos, LOL! He was pretty giddy when he finished the install and took the bike for a ride! I actually had my first near miss when a car turned in front of me because my turn signal was still on. I had a full stop straight on wheel squealer because of not turning off the right turn blinker! I am anxious to do this winter project!

Jimmy H.

burdicda

Yep, you are right, what was I thinking..lol. Map was fine, it was me, looking at the map with my backwards mind...lol...hay do not laugh, ok go ahead......lol!

So that's why you "Go up the Blue Ridge Parkway" instead of riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway....LOL

Spirit 4

My STS unit arrived today, the 15th of February and I ordered it on the 3rd! Not bad from Slovenia! Now I need a sunny warm day and I'll install with videos!

Jimmy H.