Unlikely Mod?

MJC

Super Moderator
What is the most unlikely Mod/part you added to your bike? And for fun, What did you get from Walmart/ $1 Store that you use (not on/for your bike) that can be used in a unlikely way?

ON my bike, I use (removable and not all the time) a clipboard on my fake tank to hold the road route/map when I go on Poker Runs.

At home from the $1 store I use a small crowbar to hold my front door open. 1st thing you see after entering thru the screen door. I have got a few real door holders as gifts from people as a joke. Or at least I think they are joking. My wife had me use them and they just end up not working as good as the crowbar, or that is what I say when she asks "what happened to the door holder".

Well what do you have?

Woodswoman

My 'kickstand puck' is definitely the most Red Neck thing I use on my bike. (BTW, if the phrase red neck is insulting anyone at all, it's insulting me; I'm a gen-u-ine Catskills hill William myself -- or, in the local parlance, a Woodchuck.)

It's a Bush's Baked Beans can, with top and bottom cut off. I threaded a 5-foot-long piece of nylon twine through the open ends and knotted it. Then I stepped on the can and squashed it flat.

When I get to a place where the ground is sandy or soft, I grab the end of the twine, drop the flattened can on the ground, push the can under my kickstand, and tie the twine to my mirror or handlebars. Then when I re-mount, I can reel in the can from the saddle and re-pack it in my windshield bag.

Yeah, sure, I've got a couple of purpose-built plastic kickstand pucks around. But the tin can slides under that little bitty CTX700 kickstand ever so easily....

Last edited:

BobWitte

Attention Trikers

What may only be of interest to a handful of you, I've finally come up with what should be a good setup for a rear bumper for my trike. Today I will get a shipment of components from a hand & foot rail suppler. There will be two 6" chrome bar foot rail brackets, 1 chrome 48"x2" tubular foot rail, and a pair of 90 degree matching end cap turn-in pieces. These will be put together to become my only-for-show rear bumper since being installed with only a half dozen 5mm bolts it won't protect itself, much less the trike.

Pictures will follow when I get around to it. Methinks this is most certainly qualifies as an unusual modification.
:cool:

Last edited:

casper

Oh. And I swiped my water bottle holder off my bicycle, and mounted it behind my right leg on the effem tee Rubbermaid bracket. Where else was I gonna put my extra large Starbucks from my rest stop?