Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tire Pressure Monitor

Recently purchased a tire pressure monitor on Amazon for $45.99 with coupon . It seems to be doing everything it claims to do with no complaints so far. Set up is a little fiddly but overall I am happy with it. Durability is the final question and I will let you all know if it dies anytime soon. I liked it over the FOBO system because its cheaper and has its own stand alone display.
    https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Mo...ternal+Sensors
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

2. Thanks Woodswoman, MJC thanked for this post
    I like this...good find.....I moved my fobo set off my PCX to the CTX, I’ll move this now to the CTX, and find a way to mount it up near the fake speakers.....
    Last edited by Glen e; 01-28-2018 at 01:38 PM.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

I used FOBO for two years. They worked flawlessly for me. I changed them out last year when I upgraded to a Garmin 595 with an embedded TPMS application. Those are working well too. and does offer the chance to reduce the "stuff" on the handlebars.

5. Likes Shanghai Dan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12MANY View Post
    Recently purchased a tire pressure monitor on Amazon for $45.99 with coupon . It seems to be doing everything it claims to do with no complaints so far. Set up is a little fiddly but overall I am happy with it. Durability is the final question and I will let you all know if it dies anytime soon. I liked it over the FOBO system because its cheaper and has its own stand alone display.
    1st Welcome to the Forum. How hard is it to add air to the tire with these on? This would be a good idea for me, I hate getting down on the ground to check tire pressure but would hate to make it any harder to add air to the tire. Thanks for the info,

Easy ....just screw off the sensor, add air, and screw it on. Think of the sensor as just taking the place of your original cap. On the fobo system, it rediscovers it automatically, I’m sure this system is same.

Simple, no hassle.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

8. Thanks 12MANY thanked for this post
    Checking the air pressure was one of my pain in the ass choirs. So I put this on... pressure and temperature. Amazon didn't have the one 12MANY which 1/2 the price of this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the tire monitor “12 many” found , that I mounted on the right side of the faring, below the speaker grill. It fits there well, it mounted with quarter-inch hole and tightened with the ball detached from the handlebar bracket on the underside.....Took all of 10 minutes to mount.

Last edited by Glen e; 01-31-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

11. Likes 12MANY liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12MANY View Post
    Still going strong. Have never charged it but it goes to sleep after it senses no movement so it doesn't use a lot of power. I am sure it still works because the pressures increase and decrease every time I take it out for a ride. It is nice to jump on the bike and know the tires are at the correct pressure at a glance.Name:  TIRE PRESSURE.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  83.2 KB
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

I want that!

Interesting. Let us know how long the batteries last in the sensors, and how they are holding up with removal to add air. One reviewer said the rubber seals gave up quickly.
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4