Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MadStad Lowers

MadStad Lowers

Hi Fred,

The complete kit is $89.95. Please note that due to the factory attachment points that we mount from, there will be some movement of the lowers at speed. We have sold a few of these so far and having good feedback, other than that notation.

If you would like to order please reply back with:

- what color for the lowers (see attached)

- your shipping address and phone number

I will then email you a draft order for completion on your end.

Best Regards,
    Blair Hall
    [email protected]
    (352)848-3646

2. Thanks DaddyDave, Woodswoman thanked for this post
    I developed these with Cody at MadStad. Have 1,500- 2,000 miles on them. I suggested to them they tell people they can do the following:

Put some rubber on the mount. It makes them touch on the rear of the radiator cover and almost reduces all the movement and absorbs vibration. The factory mounting point is also a rubber bushing and this protects from risk of bending radiator flanges.

I got weather stripping bought at Ace Hardware. i have had the fairing off since to inspect, and mounts show no change or wear.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

4. Likes DaddyDave liked this post
    Do they have the colors to match the oem colors? Somebody had posted pics of what they look like on. I'd like to see where the mounting points are. From these pictures I can't tell where they're mounted on. But this would be a good mod, that I'd like to try.

I believe they only come in standard plastic colors Dark, light gray and clear. Call them. You could paint them...

I posted a thread on this, they mount using the 2 screws that hold the black radiator cover on... look left of your front forks at the black plastic on both right and left. You will see 2 screws holding the plastic covers on. A spacer and new screws go there. You can see it on the attached pic of the "mock up" bracket during the design process. The bracket is very strong and powder coated.

These pics are before I added the rubber.

The one you can't tell was suppose to show you how solid the factory mount location is, and how it hasn't been affected by the mounting at that location. You can't normally see it under all the plastic.

They helped me a lot for cold wind and helmet buffeting. I haven't seen a negative post on them from either site, and believe me, the other site posts a lot of negatives if they don't like something!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by mtvic; 01-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

Ahh. Those are great pics to show how they go on mtvic! Thank you. It also looks like I'd have enough clearance to put the driving lights on that fender bolt as well with no issues.

Will do, Dave. They'll look just about the same as mtvic, believe I got the same ones, or very similar and will mount them the same place. 17 bucks a pair, plus the harness and a pair of waterproof, maybe, switches. 10 watt cree, says 1000 lumens, site says 1300 each, but I think that's wrong.

You can mount straight up or turned inward, the Fender bolt position Is so versatile:

Or if you want a bit more width, use longer bolt and more spacers:
    Last edited by Glen e; 01-16-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

10. Thanks DaddyDave thanked for this post
    I'm going to order the lowers. I'll give them a go. My last bike was a burg 650. loved that protection. Love the C. So why wouldn't I try to get that as close to that protection as I can? If it works its all good. 90 buck to find out is irrelevant.
    Last edited by casper; 01-16-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Lol. I I had yours, I'd burn all yours!

The way it is, I'm good. Although the wet running off the fairing soaks me front the knee down. Wind etc, it's fine. But if I can get the rain iloff in a windstorm down under, I'm a happy guy.