MadStad Lowers

dyenfd

Hi Fred,

The complete kit is $89.95. Please note that due to the factory attachment points that we mount from, there will be some movement of the lowers at speed. We have sold a few of these so far and having good feedback, other than that notation.

If you would like to order please reply back with:

- what color for the lowers (see attached)

- your shipping address and phone number

I will then email you a draft order for completion on your end.

Best Regards,
Blair Hall
[email protected]
(352)848-3646

mtvic

I developed these with Cody at MadStad. Have 1,500- 2,000 miles on them. I suggested to them they tell people they can do the following:

Put some rubber on the mount. It makes them touch on the rear of the radiator cover and almost reduces all the movement and absorbs vibration. The factory mounting point is also a rubber bushing and this protects from risk of bending radiator flanges.

I got weather stripping bought at Ace Hardware. i have had the fairing off since to inspect, and mounts show no change or wear.

Attachments

• IMG_20171020_103617.jpg
    IMG_20171020_103617.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_20171101_163456.jpg
    IMG_20171101_163456.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 308

casper

Do they have the colors to match the oem colors? Somebody had posted pics of what they look like on. I'd like to see where the mounting points are. From these pictures I can't tell where they're mounted on. But this would be a good mod, that I'd like to try.

mtvic

I believe they only come in standard plastic colors Dark, light gray and clear. Call them. You could paint them...

I posted a thread on this, they mount using the 2 screws that hold the black radiator cover on... look left of your front forks at the black plastic on both right and left. You will see 2 screws holding the plastic covers on. A spacer and new screws go there. You can see it on the attached pic of the "mock up" bracket during the design process. The bracket is very strong and powder coated.

These pics are before I added the rubber.

The one you can't tell was suppose to show you how solid the factory mount location is, and how it hasn't been affected by the mounting at that location. You can't normally see it under all the plastic.

They helped me a lot for cold wind and helmet buffeting. I haven't seen a negative post on them from either site, and believe me, the other site posts a lot of negatives if they don't like something!

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_121237.jpg
    IMG_20171005_121237.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20171026_134027.jpg
    IMG_20171026_134027.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

casper

Ahh. Those are great pics to show how they go on mtvic! Thank you. It also looks like I'd have enough clearance to put the driving lights on that fender bolt as well with no issues.

casper

Will do, Dave. They'll look just about the same as mtvic, believe I got the same ones, or very similar and will mount them the same place. 17 bucks a pair, plus the harness and a pair of waterproof, maybe, switches. 10 watt cree, says 1000 lumens, site says 1300 each, but I think that's wrong.

Glen e

You can mount straight up or turned inward, the Fender bolt position Is so versatile:

Or if you want a bit more width, use longer bolt and more spacers:

Last edited:

casper

I'm going to order the lowers. I'll give them a go. My last bike was a burg 650. loved that protection. Love the C. So why wouldn't I try to get that as close to that protection as I can? If it works its all good. 90 buck to find out is irrelevant.

Last edited:

casper

The way it is, I'm good. Although the wet running off the fairing soaks me front the knee down. Wind etc, it's fine. But if I can get the rain iloff in a windstorm down under, I'm a happy guy.

casper

It's not like I have so much money, because I don't. But I have a passion for my ride, which I love more than almost anything else left in my life. Almost. Maybe 2nd place. A far 2nd. Far far 2nd. :). Point is I want to enjoy that passion, like the first, right to the very end. Most possible. Best experience. Top of the line. No regrets. Some things work. Some not so much, but the fun in getting there is the best.

mtvic

Now as bad as it is for us, if what you owned was a "big twin" each of those bills would need to be a $20, but if yours was a boat, then each bill would have to be a $100!! :D

You are so right! Coming off several big cruisers people have no idea how inexpensive these accessories are. True, you still need to budget for it depending on your disposable income, but much easier to budget for this bike. I love it when I see guys who won't put bar extenders on, or fix a seat due to expense telling me "hey, you put 50% of the value of the bike in accessories!" Then I see them limp off their bike, complain about wrist pain, back pain, neck pain and they tell me they see a chiropractor or take a bunch of pills. The Docs cost way more than the fix! But I guess insurance, Medicare won't pay for bike accessories...

Or when we hit bad weather and I'm still comfortable and warm due to the protection of the bike and they are shivering. Those are the times I know it's money well spent. Priceless.

By the way the lowers do help in light rain or wet roads to stop water on the shins and bugs. Obviously nothing helps in steady rain or down poor except proper gear. I've got a set of Harley Gaiters I've used for over 20 years for summer wet roads, they work great. $60 MSRP for China made makes $89 USA look cheap.

Hi Fred,

The complete kit is $89.95. Please note that due to the factory attachment points that we mount from, there will be some movement of the lowers at speed. We have sold a few of these so far and having good feedback, other than that notation.

If you would like to order please reply back with:

- what color for the lowers (see attached)

- your shipping address and phone number

I will then email you a draft order for completion on your end.

Best Regards,
Blair Hall
[email protected]
(352)848-3646

Is there a link to order the Mastad Lowers kit?

Thanks,

casper

It's the email address professor. Tell them you want to order, they'll send you an invoice, with a link to PayPal. It really was very simple. I got mine about 10 days later. I got the dark gray ones.