MadStad farkles for the N model

Woodswoman

What farkles have you added to the MadStad windshield of your N model?

The shield comes with a cross brace that gives you a place to hang stuff, such as a GPS.

And it also comes with a lower deflector that blocks excessive air coming up from around the triple tree.

I decided to use the lower deflector as a place to mount a bag. I chose was this one, which I got from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HFBSFKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As you can see, it wasn't designed for application to a windshield, but it comes with sturdy rear loop that let me very easily strap it in place around the lower deflector with a couple of strips of 2-sided velcro.

Voila!

It's quite secure, and so far has been weather-proof. In it, I'm carrying a pair of sunglasses, a bandana, a kickstand puck, plus small odds and ends such as lip balm.

How about you?

Last edited:

Brunnka_CTX

Looks good! How do you have it powered?

I installed the Honda sub harness and connected to that. The other leads from the Garmin wiring harness such as the USB, microphone, and audio connections I just ran into the compartment under the seat in case I want to use them later. I connect my headset to the Garmin using Bluetooth.

12MANY

I agree the MadStad shield mount and deflector is tailor made for farkleing or for those of us that just can’t just leave things alone. 2nd to riding the bike for me is finding and installing the things that make the bike my own and give me easy access to the information I think is important to have at a glance. I just installed a refurbed Garmin Drive smart 60LMTHD from Factoryoutlet store with 2 yr warranty for $151.90 and it works way better than I expected. It can be seen in bright sunlight and the voice command works great. I power it with a switched and fused duel usb/cig lighter power station that goes direct to the battery that I got off EBay. On the deflector left I have a Argus Battery Bug that I don’t think they make anymore but works great. It gives me standing voltage, charging voltage, sounds and alarm when voltage goes under 11.9 and does a load test every time the bike is started to give you a % of battery cranking capacity. Important on a DCT bike that can’t be bump started. In the middle I have a Trailtech temp gauge. Hats off to ofdave on his excellent Temp Gauge thread on this site. If its time to dump the coolant which is I think is every three years spend an extra $50.00 and add this to your coolant swap. All you need is a screw driver to loosen the clamps and a razor knife to cut the hose to install the coupler. The unit has its own battery so no wiring to do. I would buy direct to get one with the freshest battery because supposedly the battery cannot be replaced? Also the newer model has the reset button on the top to reset highest temp reached. On the right I have my tire pressure and temp gauge referred to on my Tire Pressure Monitor Thread. Last I have a Cobrra Nemo2 chain oiler on the right side handle bar that although it is very expensive is of the highest quality and oils the chain only when I want and as much as I want. Forgot to mention the Beckson Soft-Mate Insulated Beverage Holder with matching black koozie cable tied to the right mount. DASH1.jpg

Last edited: