Fantastic Resource

DaddyDave

I've had a little time lately to go back on old threads/posts in the tech section, and I've got to say, that this forum is a fantastic resource for anyone who is considering maintenance, repair, or modifications to their CTX700. I would highly recommend to any new members that they look in "Forum" and see what is available. Lot's of good links to suppliers, some great pics of the members' mods, and lively discussions on what works best, for whom.

Thank you to all the "Old Members" for your contributions of the past. And, please, as you find new resources, keep posting them here for all to see.

All the best,

Dave

Thanks burdicda for posting these links. The series of pics labeled My-Bags shows a simple mod bracket I can fabricate to insure my throw-over saddlebags will not contact the wheel. Not sure who to thank for the idea, but thanks for posting the link. My bike doesn't have the grab bar hardware needed to mount jfc's brackets, so I was looking for a cheap solution. I love the Dream Apparel bags I have.

casper

Professor, you can add a 25" Rubbermaid shelf bracket, between the rear reflector and zip tie to the helmet hook area on both sides. This will keep the bags off the wheel, plus you can use the entire length as a bungee cord hook support. First mod I did. I also then used it to mount my tutoro oiler. Sits right in front of the left bag.

Professor, you can add a 25" Rubbermaid shelf bracket, between the rear reflector and zip tie to the helmet hook area on both sides. This will keep the bags off the wheel, plus you can use the entire length as a bungee cord hook support. First mod I did. I also then used it to mount my tutoro oiler. Sits right in front of the left bag.

Thanks Casper. :)

I re-wrote effem tee's how-to and posted it on this forum.

Hang on, I'll get the link for you ....

Here you go.

http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457

Thanks......I have the Rubbermaid brackets on order from Amazon. :D

Now I have to wait two months for Spring so I can get my bike out of storage and put them on...........My wife thinks I'm crazy for ordering this stuff now, but the anticipation is half the fun, I guess. :rolleyes:

ofdave

Thanks......I have the Rubbermaid brackets on order from Amazon. :D

Now I have to wait two months for Spring so I can get my bike out of storage and put them on...........My wife thinks I'm crazy for ordering this stuff now, but the anticipation is half the fun, I guess. :rolleyes:

with that time lag, the difficulty will not be in installing them
The difficulty will be in remembering where you put them!