New member - Blue Ridge GA

Chill Will

Hello fellow ctx-ers..
Brit ex-pat transplant here, early retired to the beautiful Appalachians (and the wonderful motorcycling roads). Lifelong motorcyclist on all manner of European brands, Ducati , Triumph and BMW - but curiously, never a Guzzi ! Also each of the 4 Japanese brands. Sold my second v strom 650 to buy a 2014 faired ctx700dct. Felt that in my retirement I needed to slow down, something less heavy, kick back and enjoy some scenery and that the v strom riding position was too extreme for my aching bones. My arthritic joints are loving the DCT !
For the most parts I do my own maintenance - within limitations ! And enjoy fettling for hour on end in the garage. My classic which I fuss over and ride on special occasions is a 1999 BMW R1200C , the James Bond bike. Am an active member of the r1200c forum. The ctx arrived last fall, the DCT sold me on it.
I am a transplant also, from the other ctx forum. There is some great advice on that site and I have made the most of all of the expertise there. I just lurk, the tone of the opinionated few is not conducive to me making a contribution. I'm glad to have found this friendly, easy going alternative .
So, I'm very pleased to be aboard and along for the ride , researching my next two farkles - a Corbin and t rex luggage bars.
Warmest regards to all,
Will Morgan.

fergy

Welcome! Much less stressful here and this forum seems to be growing very well lately. You are right that the other forum has some great info, but it can get pretty petty over there. Great seeing lots of new members and a big uptick in posts!

mtvic

How far are you from Sky Valley, GA - Cashiers, NC area? I ride up there a lot in the summer.

Chill Will

Thanks folks for the welcome messages.
Mtvic - the places you mention are somewhat east of us, we are more Central North GA. Next time you ride on my patch , forewarn me and if a lunch meet/ride is possible I could show you some of my fav routes.
DaddyDave - Thank you. I have been on the Corbin site and there is a configurator tool that helps you decide colors, materials etc. I will go for the low version as befits a 29 inch inseam! The t rex luggage bars fit w th oem bags, have two fitting points: the passenger pegs and the bag mount, and safeguard the bags in the event of the undoubted tip over. I kinda know where I am w m next farkles, we just need to convince Mrs M of their value!
I will post some pix once I figure out how.... W.

MJC

Super Moderator
Hello fellow ctx-ers..
Brit ex-pat transplant here, early retired to the beautiful Appalachians (and the wonderful motorcycling roads). Lifelong motorcyclist on all manner of European brands, Ducati , Triumph and BMW - but curiously, never a Guzzi ! Also each of the 4 Japanese brands. Sold my second v strom 650 to buy a 2014 faired ctx700dct. Felt that in my retirement I needed to slow down, something less heavy, kick back and enjoy some scenery and that the v strom riding position was too extreme for my aching bones. My arthritic joints are loving the DCT !
For the most parts I do my own maintenance - within limitations ! And enjoy fettling for hour on end in the garage. My classic which I fuss over and ride on special occasions is a 1999 BMW R1200C , the James Bond bike. Am an active member of the r1200c forum. The ctx arrived last fall, the DCT sold me on it.
I am a transplant also, from the other ctx forum. There is some great advice on that site and I have made the most of all of the expertise there. I just lurk, the tone of the opinionated few is not conducive to me making a contribution. I'm glad to have found this friendly, easy going alternative .
So, I'm very pleased to be aboard and along for the ride , researching my next two farkles - a Corbin and t rex luggage bars.
Warmest regards to all,
Will Morgan.

Welcome to this forum, from NY
If you want info on the T Rex bars, look at:
http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473

If you need any info on the ctx700 or now to fix it just ask or look for older posts here.

Last edited: