New giant newb!

Hey guys! I'm new here and I've got a few questions.

Oil, regular or synthetic?

Should I turn on bike off with the key or the kill switch?

What does owning a bike with DCT say about my manhood?

If I identify as a woman on a particular day, can I post in the all girls section?

Do the moderators here like the CTX700 or think it's a slow piece of crap? Just wonderin' :)

SSS

BobWitte

If I identify as a woman on a particular day, can I post in the all girls section?

Do the moderators here like the CTX700 or think it's a slow piece of crap? Just wonderin' :)

SSS

Welcome & well said! :) :) :)

Shanghai Dan

Whale oil. It's a tried-and-true means of lubrication for 3 centuries.

Neither, use the side stand. Of course it is heresy that you even turn it off, implying you actually STOP riding at some point. Slacker.

Plenty.

Only when you get them menstrual cramps real hard.

Do the moderators here like the CTX700 or think it's a slow piece of crap?
The two are not mutually exclusive, you know...

SSS

Hi Steve,

I just got my posting credentials here. Good to see Bob and Dave here too. The only input I have to your questions is to never use the kill switch to turn off the bike. If the key stays on the lights will run the battery down. If you have a DCT, go to neutral first also.

Hoping to have fun over here,

Professor

kujawskir

Yup, that's the same I got from my book: Absolutely no warnings or cautions for why not to use the switch except you might forget your key and run the battery dead. I got lunch and coffee in the side bag most the time, so I'm forced get the key out and open that, so, no prob there. Heck, the book even names it the "Engine stop switch", yeah, no chance that might be a good thing for stopping the engine.

MSC told us it's good habit to know how to hit it quickly, so I started building the habit before I saw huge warnings of doom. Others say some MSC chapters are changing their tune, but the first time I took the course was late 2016, so, maybe. Others say they turned off by switch for 3 years and countless miles on the CTX700 with no problems.

I'll just say if you had it makin' noise and done something that caused it to stop makin' noise, you should definitely figure out how to fix it to make noise so you can get back to ridin'.

Last edited: