hello

MJC

Super Moderator
Hello! Anybody out there?
Baby it's cold outside...........
New Years Eve going to be -7

pipster326

Man, this sucks!!! I thought we could escape the cold, visiting in laws, in Myrtle Beach, and it’s even cold here . Heading back north tomorrow. Not looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanghai Dan

It is cold! It was just 63 degrees when I did my first quick errand this morning, at least it will warm up a little today and reach an acceptable 75... New Year's Eve will be cold, around 53 when the clock strikes midnight!

:)

Happy New Year!

ponydrvr

So sorry for your cold weather Dan. we've only been in the teens for lows and 20's for highs. We're looking at single digits for NYE with a strong wind chill. At least we don't have any snow to deal with. Although, we need the moisture.

Happy New Year everyone. Stay warm and safe.

Woodswoman

Thermometer at my home in the northern Catskill Mountains read -2.2 degrees F at 7 am today. And there's an ugly wind blowing, too.

<Sighhhh> I just wanna RIDE!

ponydrvr

Well then we have a heat wave going on in Louisville at 15 F. At least no snow yet. I'm with you on just wanting to ride.

ponydrvr

A local BMW group usually does a New Years Day ride to favorite restaurant with beautiful views of the Ohio River. The ride was canceled due to forecast temps of 4-7 F. That would give wind chills below -40 F. Don't think I can wear enough heated gear or have enough power for all I would need to stay warm. Oh well, Spring is just around the corner? Isn't it?

casper

right now, 3:30 pm cst, bright sun and -6. That's gonna feel warm this night, that's for sure! The week not much better. But again, as I alwys say, one more day closer to spring! I haven't been here in quiteawhile, so hello to all my old acquantences, and those new folks I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. I had the worst time finding my way back here, until a bddy sent me the link. My tablet had died, lost my bookmarks and way so to speak, and then my fall was really usy with work travel. But glad to be seen again. Have a wonderful NYE!

rickster

Out here on the left coast we're watching all of the news on TV of what looks like Siberia. Oh! Wait! That's Florida! Oh Crap! There goes the reasonable prices for my orange juice! I really do feel bad for all of you back there. So bad in fact that I won't tell you about how much I'm enjoying my winter riding while you're bundled up looking at your CTX's in the garage.

You may commence throwing snowballs toward Northern California now. : - )

(Edit: Actually, we'd welcome it if you'd throw anything with water in it out our way!!!)

Last edited:

Woodswoman

In Rochester, they are predicting the temperature will not rise above 0 degrees F. all weekend.
Glad I put my CTX in heated storage this winter. I'm staying inside too.:)

Last edited:

casper

No. It won't matter. Bike doesn't care. Keep her covered, a battery tender on, she'll be beautiful in the spring when you lift her veil! :). But you on the other hand is a different story. Stay inside?

Last edited:

mtvic

While I feel for you, just north of Tampa, FL woke up to 29, and we don't build our homes/heat for this! Forecast 25 tonight, snowed in Tallahassee.

Glen e

A good day to be on a faired bike....planning on doing 200+ miles today across Florida, should be a good aft ride at 50-55 degrees. I made this trip a week or two ago and it was 42°, and I was perfectly comfortable, except for my gloves. They definitely need to be upgraded to winter ones…

kujawskir

... it was 42°, and I was perfectly comfortable, except for my gloves. They definitely need to be upgraded to winter ones…
That hot, I do fine with my summer gloves and a pair of these inside them:
https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/freeze-out-inner-glove-liners
Usually $9.99 "with another purchase" but the're worth a good $20 or so. I'd say they offset about 15° to 20° lower temps than whatever gloves you add them to, and they feel great.

+1 the wind guards, The ones I ordered took three weeks to get here and the cold set in, so I still had to switch to winter gloves. Now I may have to add the inserts to those. Not near giving up riding though.